Part 1

Mumbai is well-known as the city of dreams, and SPACE is recognized as the dream college for science students residing in and around Mumbai. The college campus is filled with chitter-chatter of the enthusiastic students. What's so special today, you ask?

        It is the last day of the current college year and the beginning of a super fun filled vacation. Groups of students are scattered around the campus and they are either discussing what they are going to do during the vacation or making plans together.

        Now, let's zero in on a particular group of friends who are chilling out in their private jam room. They are science students, but not everyone in this group is here because they like science. A few are interested in science, a few are here because of their parents and the rest just because their friends are here.

        However, they have a few things in common, and one such thing is their love for music. That brings us to one of the reasons they are known for, that is, they play fabulous music and are famous as Fab6. Now that you know what they are famous for, it is time to tell what they are infamous for too. It is for the way they treat people. They don't mess up with people unnecessarily, but they don't spare the ones who come in their way too.

        Now, let's get to know the members of the group starting with the tall and handsome gentleman who is in his own thoughts. He is our main protagonist, also the lead singer and the guitarist of Fab6, and the only beloved son of the Malhotra family - Manik.

        You can say that he is born with a silver spoon. He has everything that a person would want in life - wealth, loving parents, damn good looks, intelligence, a girlfriend who is no less than a model, good friends and the list goes on. Then why does he seem a little upset today instead of being happy like the rest of the students? We will come to know the reason soon.

        Actually speaking, the reason isn't such a big thing for a common man, but for this group it is an extremely unpleasant situation because they all belong to wealthy families. They are used to luxuries and have preconceived viewpoints about certain things in life.

        Manik cares for his family and friends, which includes his girlfriend too. He is ready to make little adjustments to keep his family and friends happy even though it causes him discomfort. However, he is not at all bothered about what happens with other people.

        The girl who is sitting on Manik's right side is his girl friend, but is she the right girl for him? She is sitting right beside him, but she has no idea of what's going on in Manik's mind. Right now she is busy in her own world, the world of fashion. She is going through the latest articles on it and making a list of new accessories and makeup available on the market which she wants to purchase. Even otherwise, she herself is her first priority. She is a fashion diva, also the female singer of the group - Alya.

        Alya is too proud of herself since she is Manik's girlfriend. When there were lot of girls who would die to be his girlfriend, he not only chose her, but he also put up with her possessive nature. Rest assured, she isn't our female protagonist. You will have to wait a little longer to know about her. For now, I can tell you that she is completely different from how Alya is.

        The one sitting on Manik's left side is a reserved and sensible guy. Though reserved, he doesn't keep quiet when it comes to defending his friends. He is Manik's childhood friend, also a guitarist of the group - Dhruv. He is the softest of all in his group when it comes to outsiders, but his friends come before anyone else.

        Next to Dhruv is another childhood friend of Manik, but he is far from being reserved. He is always ready to have fun even at the expense of his friend's misery, but he wouldn't let anyone else cause any harm to his friends. He is the drummer, also called the joker of the group - Cabir.

        We will skip the guy sitting next to Cabir for now and move on to the person because of whom he has gained entry in to this group. The girl sitting next to that guy was Manik's neighbor in the past. Though she moved to a different neighborhood, Manik and her relation remained intact. They share a brother-sister relationship though they aren't siblings. She is the pianist of the group  - Mukti. Mukti was the one who introduced Alya to their friends group too.

        Now let's come back to the guy we skipped. Normally, Mukti is seen along with Alya since they are very close friends, but not when this guy is around. He is a singer and a guitarist.

        Though they already had a singer and guitarist in the group and they don't mingle with others outside their group, they wholeheartedly accepted him into their group. The reason is that Mukti fell in love with him on the first day she met him. He is the newest member of the group - Abhi. Everyone in the group knows about Mukti's feelings for Abhi except him.

        For now, we will stop with their introduction and move onto their conversation. You will come to know more about them as the story unfolds.

        Mukti : "Finally, freedom from studies for a short time at least. Come on, let's start planning for the vacation."

        Cabir moved from his place and sat next to Mukti.

        Cabir : "Yay! Mukti ko studies se Mukti mil gayi. (Translation : Mukti means freedom. Mukti is free from studies.) Chill! What's the hurry Mukti?"

        Cabir (whispering to Mukti) : "Are you planning for vacation or are you planning how to be close to Abhi?"

        Mukti is a little annoyed, that was what Cabir was aiming for.

        Mukti (whispering to Cabir) : "Why are you asking when you already know? Help me instead of trying to pull my leg."

        Mukti wanted Cabir to stop teasing her, so she struck on the topic which Cabir was sensitive about.

        Mukti : "Cabir, you make plans about what to eat and when all the time, though it is an everyday thing. Why can't we start planning for the vacation which comes once in a while so that we can make the most of it?"

        Cabir : "Ok, cool down Mukti Devi! Don't cast your evil eyes on me and my food habits. We will start making plans for the vacation."

After a while,

        Cabir : "We can go on a trip, what do you say?"

        Abhi : "Yes, that will be great."

        Cabir (whispering to Mukti) : "Happy now? You can stick to Abhi as much as you wish to."

        Mukti's annoyance was replaced by a genuine smile. Cabir observed that Manik was physically present there, but he was lost in his thoughts.

        Cabir : "Dhruv speaks less anyways, and Alya is busy in her fashion world, but what happened to you Manik? Why are you so silent?"