Part 42

Cabir started thinking of ways to figure out if Nandini feels the same for Manik as he feels for her. He thought of starting with a simple idea. It was a slight upgrade to the idea Nandini had come up with, to figure out Mukti's feelings. He felt that his idea would be more effective and look more genuine if it comes from Nyonika, so Cabir met Nyonika.

        Cabir : "Aunty, do you remember your wish about Manik and Nandini?"

        Nyonika : "Yes I do."

        Cabir : "I have got a green signal from your son's side, but he is yet to convey it to Nandini. I have no idea what Nandini feels for him. If we leave it to Manik, he will take forever. He isn't like he was earlier, he has begun to think a lot. It takes quite sometime for me to figure out what is going on in his mind. So what do you think, should we let him go at his own pace or should we at least figure out what Nandini thinks?"

        Nyonika : "Let him go at his own pace, but I am eager to know what she thinks now."

        Cabir : "So shall we try out something on our own?"

        Nyonika : "Sure, you know how your generation thinks, give me suggestions."

        Cabir discussed the idea with Nyonika and she agreed.

        Nyonika : "You say that I am a cool mom, but my son doesn't tell me anything about his love life. I come to know everything through you, whether it is his breakup or him falling in love. Last time too, he came out with the truth, when he realized he can't escape. We will go ahead with what you suggested. Let me see, if this at least will force him to tell me about Nandini."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        When Nandini and Cabir were at Manik's place, Nyonika got the old stack of girls' photos she had.

        Nyonika : "Manik, I have got some photos of girls. Now that you don't have anyone in your life, you can take a look at them and make a choice."

        Manik : "Mom you started with this again. I don't want to see any photos. I will tell you when I am ready, please spare me till then."

        Nyonika : "Cabir and Nandini, please try to make him understand. I will start getting grey hair by the time he agrees to get married if he continues postponing like this."

        Nandini : "Aunty, you are like an evergreen heroine. You don't have to worry about getting grey hair."

        Nandini : "On second thoughts, isn't it better if he gets married when you start getting grey hair. If he gets married now and have kids in a few years, they will call you Aunty instead of calling you grandma."

        Nyonika : "You are also supporting him."

        Cabir : "Don't worry Aunty, I will support you."

        Nandini : "Don't get upset Aunty, I was just saying because you were worried about getting grey hair."

        Nyonika handed over the photos to Cabir.

        Nyonika : "I give this responsibility to you two. Find out his preferences and help him choose a girl."

        Nandini : "Aunty, we both are inexperienced in this matter. Moreover, it is you and Manik who has to live with her, so you should help him choose."

        Nyonika : "He isn't listening to me and you both understand him well, that's why I am giving it to you."

        Cabir : "We will try Aunty."