Part 37

Fab6 were in the jam room. Mukti decided to talk to Manik on behalf of Alya.

        Mukti : "How long are you going to ignore Alya like this? She has understood her mistake and she is repenting."

        Manik : "I understand that she is your close friend and she is important to you. Nandini isn't as important to you as her, so maybe it is easy for you to forgive her and accept her. However, for me, Nandini is as important as you all are, so I can't forgive her. Moreover, it wasn't a mistake that Alya committed. It was a well planned murder attempt that deserves punishment, not forgiveness."

        Mukti : "I am not asking you to forgive and accept her, but you can give her a chance to correct herself. She is sad that you aren't even acknowledging her presence."

        Manik : "She has already got her chances, but she didn't correct herself. She committed a crime, but it hasn't effected her in any way. It is Nandini who is suffering the consequences of it, for no mistake of hers. You can't see her a little sad, but I have seen Nandini in the most distressed state because of her. How do you expect me to forget what she has done?"

        Mukti : "I understand Nandini's situation. I am not asking you to forget or forgive her, but at least you can try not to ignore her. Please don't behave as though she is a stranger to you."

        Manik : "She isn't a stranger, a stranger would have been better, they wouldn't stab you in your back. What did I do? Nandini considered me her savior and I tried to be there for her when she needed help. How was I to know that while I was helping her overcome minor obstacles, Alya was plotting major mishaps in Nandini's life and indirectly making me responsible for all of it? This time she crossed all limits, because of her, Nandini was on the verge of losing her dignity as well as her life. Alya had problems trusting me earlier. Now, I don't trust her to be around any of us anymore."

        Alya : "Please don't say like that, I am sorry. I understand that I went too far because of my insecurities. I hired the goons only to kidnap and kill Nandini, so don't hold me responsible for what those goons tried to do. Just give me one chance."

        Manik : "For what? Nandini had given you a chance, but it didn't stop you from harming her again. I had given you a chance too, to let go of your insecurities, but you didn't make use of it. Instead you plotted to get rid of her. Even now, you are talking as though kidnapping and killing someone is no big deal. If you wouldn't have hired the goons, they wouldn't have targeted Nandini in the first place. So how can I not hold you responsible for it? I really doubt that you have even realized how grave any of your deeds were. If you did, you wouldn't have asked for a chance."

        Alya : "I know what I did. I tried everything to get rid of her since I felt you were going away from me because of her. I tried to push her off the stairs, but it was me who got injured and got admitted to the hospital. I accused her hoping that you will stay away from her, but you didn't believe me. So I filed a false complaint against her, but Abhi proved her innocent. I was successful in keeping her away from Fab5, but not from your family. So I tried to disgrace her in front of your parents by spiking her drink so that they stop interacting with her. But nothing like that happened, instead you started interacting with her again."

         Alya : "Nothing was working in my favor, so what else could I have done? So I hired the goons to kidnap and kill her, but you saved her. Every time I tried to harm her, it backfired at me and she escaped. If something would have happened to her because of what I did,  you could have punished me, but nothing happened and she is alive. She is perfectly fine now. Now, do you believe that I have realized my mistakes and I am repenting for it? You can give me a chance, right?"