Part 20

Thank you all for your votes and comments! It always motivates me to continue writing. Hope you continue to enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nandini seemed to be very tensed, so Manik thought of making her feel better.

        Manik : "You said that you can't do anything about the first part. So do you consider yourself a beauty with brains?"

       Nandini : "I may not look like girls here, but my grandmother says that I resemble my mom and my mom was very beautiful, so I think I look okay at least. If I dress up and apply makeup like the girls here, I may look better, but that isn't my concern now. I said I can't do anything about the first part because he has already seen how I look in real life, so last time's trick won't work. I can't pretend to be dumb because my friend might have passed on the information that I am here on a scholarship. So I will have to work around the second part."

        Manik : "You don't have to look like girls here. You are beautiful the way you are. I thought only my mom can look good being simple, but you also fall in the same category. If you need makeup, probably it will be to make the guys run away from you, like last time."

        Manik : "Actually speaking I think you meet all the criteria he has mentioned in his profile. He is handsome and seems to be from a well off family. He is from here, so you won't have problems continuing your studies too. Why don't you consider?"

        Nandini : "Are you trying to help me or trying to match make like my family?"

        She was still tensed and she hit him on his arms. She then realized what she did.

        Nandini : "Sorry!"

        Manik : "Not enough."

        Nandini : "I didn't mean to, it happened by mistake. Did I hurt you? Show me."

        She tried to check his arms, but he held her hand and stopped her.

        Manik : "You really think you could have hurt me? It felt more like a pat than a hit. What I meant was you aren't strong enough."

        Nandini : "I am not as weak as you think."

        Manik : "You are."

        Nandini : "I am not. Tell me what you want me to do to prove that I am strong."

        Manik thought for a while.

        Manik : "If you can move me even by an inch, then I will accept that you are strong."

        Nandini tried to push him with all her force, but it didn't work. When physical strength didn't work, she tried to tickle him. She thought she would be able to move him at least a little.

        Manik : "I don't feel ticklish."

        Nandini wasn't ready to give up yet. She was sitting next to Manik and she fell on the other side, away from Manik. Manik immediately got up, came near her head and patted her face. Nandini opened her eyes and got up.

        Manik : "What happened to you suddenly?"

        Nandini : "Nothing happened to me. You wanted me to move you by an inch and I managed to move you by a few feet."

        Manik : "So you tricked me. It isn't a matter to joke about. I thought you fainted. Don't ever do that again."

        Manik : "You were so tensed, so I was just trying to divert your attention, but instead you made me tensed. Let me tell you whatever you did now proves that you are mentally sharp, but it still doesn't prove that you are physically strong."