Part 12

Manik became alert when Nandini mentioned the Fab6 girls. He could sense that their encounter wasn't a pleasant one. Normally, he would have become aggressive in such a situation and assumed that the person on the opposite side is at fault, but he didn't react so in Nandini's case.

        He had misjudged her the first time he met her and he didn't want to repeat the same mistake again. He knew about her polite nature too, so he decided to hear her out before coming to any conclusions.

        Manik : "What happened between you and them that you changed your mind?"

        Nandini : "I tried to help one of the girls without knowing who they were, but probably they thought that I was harming her. My friend is scaring me telling that Fab6 treats people who get in their way very badly. So, if they have misunderstood me, then I am in great trouble."

        Nandini : "She told me that the lead singer is also the trustee's son, so worst case, it can affect my scholarship in this college too. Even if the consequences are not as bad as that and it leads to some other complications, and my grandma comes to know about it, that will be the end of my education since she wouldn't let me continue. All my efforts so far will go down the drain. I have decided I will stay as far away as possible from Fab6 in the future, but I have no idea what would be the consequence of what has already happened. You have probably known them for way longer than my friend, so what do you think?"

        Manik : "If you explain exactly what happened, then I can give you my opinion."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Flashback begins

        Nandini and Navya were going towards the restroom, when Navya got a call. So Navya stayed outside and Nandini went inside.

        Nandini found a girl on the floor who was trying to sit, so she helped her sit. (The girl was Mukti, but Nandini doesn't know who it is). Mukti had slipped on the wet floor and fallen down. She was in pain. There was no one else there and so Mukti had no option but to take Nandini's help. Mukti tried to stand up with Nandini's help, but she couldn't.

        Nandini : "It turns out you have got your ankle twisted when you slipped. You don't have to worry, I can fix it for you. It will hurt a little, but you will be fine soon afterwards."

        Mukti hesitated.

        Nandini : "I won't be able to carry you and take you out from here. You aren't in a position to move from this place and you are in pain too. I assure you, it will be quick."

        Nandini tried to fix Mukti's ankle and Mukti yelped in pain. At the exact same moment, Alya walked in.

        Alya : "What did you do to her? What do you think of yourself? You behenji (an unsophisticated girl), how dare you hurt her? People think twice even before coming close to us and you harmed her."

        Alya pushed Nandini away from Mukti with force. Nandini wasn't expecting it and she banged into the wall, thus hurting herself. Navya came in, saw this, and recognized the girls, so she took Nandini away with her immediately.

        Navya : "What happened? How did you get trapped with them?"

        Nandini explained everything to her.

        Navya : "Do you know who they are?"

        Nandini nodded her head indicating a no.

        Navya : "They are the Fab6 girls. I had heard from my seniors about them, today I saw how they treated you too."

        Navya took Nandini to the sick bay and got her treated.