Part 21

Manik felt that Nandini's grandma's judgement about Nandini was partially right.

        Nandini : "What do you mean by that?"

        Manik : "Considering the way you speak about everything, you don't seem to be naive at all. Probably, you can surpass grandmothers too in reasoning and giving advice, but when it comes to taking care of yourself, you are no less than a kid. One day I see you perched on the tree, the next day I see you balancing at the edge of the stool. I don't know where else I will find you in the coming days. So the first and foremost rule you have to learn is to ensure your safety first before helping others."

        Nandini : "This is what you figured out from everything I told you? I haven't discussed about this with anyone so far, but I explained everything in detail to you so that you can understand what I meant. I thought it will help you think in the direction I told you, but it looks like all my effort went to waste."

        Nandini was upset and turned her face away. Manik turned her face towards him.

        Manik : "Don't get upset. None of your efforts went to waste. I heard and understood everything you said. I will keep it in mind and implement it too when the time comes, but I want you to remember what I told you too."

        Nandini was no longer upset.

        Nandini : "Okay, I will."

        Nandini closed her eyes and prayed to God.

        Manik : "I thought you weren't tensed anymore, but you started meditating right here."

        Nandini : "I was praying to God and asking him to make things better for you. Your mom also prays for your wellbeing. So both of our prayers together will work in your favor and help you resolve your complications soon."

        Manik : "You always seem to have something or the other in your life to tackle. Still you believe in God? Don't you feel that your God should have made things easier for you?"

        Nandini : "If my life would have been smoother, it would have got boring for me as well as my God. There has to be some deviation from the normal routine. So God decided to toss problems at me to tackle. The problems aren't that bad either. Facing problems makes me stronger and more mature. I have learned to value things and not take them for granted."

        Nandini : "For God, it is his favorite pastime to put me in trouble first, enjoy at my expense and then provide me with a solution. Looks like God has got bored of this routine, so he has added a twist. Nowadays, he puts me in trouble and then sends you to help me with the solution."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was the day Nandini had to meet the prospective groom. They had decided to meet at a restaurant. Nandini was sitting at the restaurant and the guy joined her. The waiter came over,

        Waiter : "Sir, what would you like to have to drink? Madam, for you shall I get your usual beer?"

        Guy : "What do you mean by usual beer?"

        Waiter : "Madam usually orders for beer."

        They placed the order which didn't include beer of course. The waiter bent down and took a cigarette case from the floor.

        Waiter : "Madam, your cigarette case had fallen down."

        The waiter was holding the case and Nandini looked at it.

        Nandini : "This isn't mine, the brand is different."

        The waiter took the cigarette case and left from there. He went to Manik, who paid him for the role he had played.