Part 29

Manik was upset that his relationship was not only taking a toll on him, but it was also affecting his loved ones.

        Cabir : "Aren't you happy in your relationship with Alya?"

        Manik : "It feels like less of a relationship and more of a restraint which is stopping me from doing what I want to do."

        Cabir : "Why are you saying so? Don't you love her anymore?"

        Manik : "I don't think I ever loved her. She was a friend and I was attracted to her. I thought I was in love and I asked her to be my girlfriend. Dad was right, I was so immature. Nandini is younger than I was then, but she thinks way ahead even for an alliance that she wants to get rejected. Mukti and Abhi also waited till they were sure of their feelings. I just plunged into the relationship without thinking of the future like a fool. If I would have been a little thoughtful, I wouldn't have been trapped in this situation."

        Cabir : "Don't be so hard on yourself. You just did what guys of that age do. You were brought up in an environment where you saw only positive aspects of life and were shielded from the negative. You were used to getting what you wanted immediately when you wanted. You didn't have any constraints to stop you."

        Cabir : "We all came to know Alya through Mukti and accepted her as a friend. You didn't know that Alya would turn out to be such a possessive girlfriend when you asked her out. We were also immature and encouraged you to go ahead, when you told us about it. None of us thought as to where it will lead you to in the future."

        Cabir : "In case of Mukti and Abhi, they didn't know each other when they felt the attraction. We were protective about Mukti, so we didn't let her go ahead till we felt that Abhi was trustworthy. Abhi also had a reason to not proceed further. Probably Nandini is more mature because she was forced to face the harsh reality of life at a very young age. You only told us that she had to face a lot of obstacles to reach where she is now."

        Manik continued to express how he felt.

        Manik : "By the time I started analyzing and realized that I don't love her, it was already a few years. I was the one who asked her out, so it didn't seem right for me to back out. I have been trying to uphold the relationship since then. Her possessive nature didn't bother me much earlier since I never felt the need to keep in touch with anyone outside Fab6."

        Manik : "I thought she will understand and change with time, but instead of getting better, it is getting worse. Now, I have realized how her possessive nature can effect me and the people I care about. I can't continue like this for the rest of my life. I am thinking of talking to her about it and clearing up the matter once and for all. It is going to be my last attempt..."

        Manik : "What do you think will happen to our group if I breakup with Alya?"

        Cabir : "Are you seriously thinking of breaking up with her?"

        Manik : "I should have ended the relationship the same day she uttered those words at the hospital. It clearly showed that she doesn't trust me. What is the point in continuing the relationship when I don't love her and she doesn't trust me? But considering the state she was in, I had to stop myself."

        Cabir : "That day, she wasn't in the right frame of mind. It wouldn't be right to decide based on that. You seemed to be okay after that. You agreed to stay away from Nandini for her, then what happened now?"