Part 44 (Last Part)

Thank you all for your votes and comments! It always motivates me to continue writing. Hope you continue to enjoy the story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Manik told Nandini that he has already found the one he would like to have as his life partner. He also described her, but she didn't realize he was talking about her. So he took her to his room and made her stand in front of the mirror. Instead of looking at the mirror, Nandini's eyes fell on the photo frame which was on the table in front of the mirror. It had their picture, which was clicked when they won the couple competition.

        Nandini : "Is this what you wanted to show? How did you manage to get it? Can you get a copy of it for me too?"

        Nandini : "On second thoughts, shall I take this one? Anyways you can't have this in your room once you get married."

        Manik : "Why do you want it?"

        Nandini : "I won't always be able to meet you like now. I should at least have a picture of us together."

        Manik : "We will talk about that later. This is not what I wanted to show you. Look forward, what do you see?"

        Nandini : "What can you see in the mirror? Our reflection ..."

        It's only then Nandini realized that he had been describing her. She turned towards him and he was right behind her.

        Nandini : "Were you .. talking about me?"

        Manik : "Finally, you understood!"

        It took a while for Nandini to assimilate and respond. She didn't expect Manik to choose her. She also didn't have enough time to think over it right then. At that time, only two thoughts came to her mind. One was that Nyonika had invited girls and their families so that Manik could meet them. The other was the discussion they had, the very first time they met for an alliance.

        Nandini : "Do you remember what I told you about us the first time we met? It still holds good. There is a lot of difference between us."

        Manik : "I remember everything you told me from the time we first met. You also told me that how a person is at heart is what matters to you, and not their status or appearance. Don't you think I am worthy of you?"

        Nandini : "That question doesn't arise at all. You are exceptional in all ways. Anyone would be lucky to have you. Girls are ready to fall for you. No one would be ready to let you go especially if they come to know how caring, understanding and patient you really are. Aunty has invited girls home with some expectations. She wants you to meet them. If you go out there, you will find someone who is a lot better than me, someone who can match you in all respects."

        Manik : "Mom hasn't invited anyone for the purpose Cabir mentioned. He was playing a prank on you. You have been her choice right from the beginning."

        Manik : "When it comes to me, you have captured both my heart and mind. So there is no way I will even think of meeting anyone else ever. You are very special to me and there can't be anyone better than you for me. The photo which you were looking at sometime back is a small proof that you are the only right match for me. The qualities you were referring to came naturally and instantaneously only for you. The differences you mentioned earlier don't matter to me. If you have found any new ones, they wouldn't matter to me either. If you feel any of the differences will be a hindrance, I can always find a way to bridge the gap over time for you."