Part 46 (Epilogue - part 2)

Fab5 left for the competition. Nandini had requested and had got her presentation preponed. She started immediately after her presentation and she reached the location just a little before the competition began.

        Nandini managed to sneak into the place where Manik was, with some help.

        Nandini : "Surprise!"

        Seeing Nandini, Manik's face lit up.

        Nandini : "All the best! In a hurry, I couldn't bring anything sweet to give you before the competition."

        Manik : "Thank you! You are here, that is more than enough."

        Manik : "By the way, if you really want to give something sweet, I can give you a suggestion. It will be more effective than the sweet you could have brought. You don't have to go anywhere for it too."

        Nandini : "Then what are you waiting for, tell me quickly, you have to go on to the stage soon."

        Manik moved his thumb over her lips. She took him to a corner.

        Nandini : "Close your eyes."

        Nandini covered his eyes.

        Manik : "We have to move forward, instead we are going backward. You are feeling shy to kiss on my cheeks all of a sudden. I thought you were comfortable with it. You are behaving as though I asked you to kiss on... "

        Nandini kissed on his lips, stopping him from talking any further. He deepened the kiss.

        Manik : "That was amazing."

        Nandini : "I am always comfortable with you to do anything, but it will take a little time when it is new."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        It was time for Manik to join his friends on stage. Manik was happy through out their performance.

        Dhruv : "How did he manage to change his mood suddenly during the performance?"

        Cabir : "Couldn't you figure it out? His happiness must be around."

        Dhruv : "Do you mean to say that Nandini is here? How?"

        Cabir : "They both can do anything to keep the other happy. She might have figured a way out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        A little later, Mukti was with Nandini. Manik was surrounded by a few girls who were getting his autograph.

        Mukti : "You took all that effort to be here for him and he is in between his fans. Aren't you feeling upset or jealous seeing him like that?"

        Nandini nodded her head indicating a no.

        Mukti : "How? I mean a lot of girls have their eyes on him and they might be thinking of trying their luck on him too."

        Nandini : "That doesn't matter. What matters is who his eyes are on and who is there in his thoughts?"

        Mukti : "You mean to say his eyes are on you and he is thinking about you though he is surrounded by so many girls."

        Nandini : "Yes."

        Mukti didn't agree with her. Nandini tried to convince her, but Mukti didn't believe her.

        Nandini : "I can prove it to you."

        When Manik wasn't looking in her direction, Nandini ducked under the table they were sitting at. The table was covered with a cloth. Manik was taller than the people surrounding him, so he didn't have to take much effort to see Nandini now and then. The moment he didn't find her at the table, he excused from the group surrounding him and came to the Mukti.