Part 38

Next only to Nandini, the person who was most affected by the dreadful day (the day Nandini was shot) was Manik. The days following that incident weren't easy on him either. He was going through emotional turmoil, but he put his emotions aside and chose to concentrate on how to make things right.

        He had managed to get the people, Alya and the goons, responsible for the mishap behind the bars. Putting the goons behind the bars wasn't that difficult since they were caught at the scene of crime. However, planning against a person who was a part of their group and getting her arrested, knowing that it would impact the rest of his group, was a difficult decision.

        Next, he had to bring Nandini back to normal. Even in the past, he had always tried to help her solve her problems and cheer her up when she was upset. But this time, doing the same wasn't that easy. He was already trying to do what he thought would help, but that wasn't enough. He had managed to get her to talk about the incident and encouraged her to move on.

        He had also tried to divert her thoughts when she was staying at his place. Manik had no experience dealing with such a situation. He started researching on how people in a situation similar to Nandini felt. He started thinking of ways to cheer her up and help her move on from the incident completely.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        One day, when Manik saw Nandini, she was staring into space, so he approached her.

        Manik : "I know I am very handsome, but that doesn't mean that you should stare at me like that."

        Nandini : "I wasn't staring at you."

        Manik : "I am offended. You don't consider me handsome?"

        Nandini : "You are very very handsome, happy?"

        Manik : "Finally, you agreed."

        Nandini : "When did I disagree? Everyone's eyes are on you, isn't that sufficient for you?"

        Nandini realized that he was just trying to divert her attention.

        Nandini : "I know you didn't come here to discuss about how handsome you are."

        Manik : "I am here to remind you that you are getting late for your next class."

        Nandini : "How did you know?"

        Manik : "I am omniscient (antaryami)."

        He took out her timetable which he had managed to get from the office and showed it to her.

        Manik : "You should get going now."

        Nandini left for her class.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

        Another day, Manik had a bouquet in his hands when he met Nandini.

        Nandini : "What is special today? Who is the bouquet for?"

        Manik : "First, you tell me how it is."