Chapter One

November.

It was mine and Alex's one year anniversary. We were planning on meeting up but he had too much work to do so he couldn't meet. I was now sitting cross legged on my bed with my laptop in my lap. I was waiting for Alex's Skype call.

"Whatcha doing?" Delilah said, coming out of the bathroom.

"Waiting for Alex to Skype me. It's our one year anniversary but he was too busy to come and meet up."

"That's how it starts you know."

"What do you mean?"

"They say they're too busy when in reality they aren't. One day you'll go to see them and they've cheated on you."

"He wouldn't. He's not like that."

"Alright, I'm just warning you."

"Thanks." I smile and look back at my laptop. He still wasn't online. I frowned.

"What's wrong?"

"He said he'd call ten minutes ago but he's not even online."

"Maybe he may be busy, like he said. Or lost track of time."

"I guess."

"The party tonight, you coming?"

"Course I am, I'm never one to turn down a party."

"Good, now stop moping around so we can get ready."

"We don't need that long."

"Well you do."

"Why?"

"Jace is coming too."

"And?"

"I think he likes youuu." She sang.

"Nah. Even if he did though, I'm with Alex."

"Yeah but still." I just laughed and shook my head. I shut my laptop and went to have a shower. I came out and immediately checked my laptop. He still hasn't been online. I frowned again. Was he ever going to come online? Is Delilah right?

I got out a hot pink strapless dress that was quite short. It wasn't too tight or a dress but then again it was. Okay it was. I fished out my pink heels that went with it. I stood by the mirror in the bathroom and fixed my hair. I didn't really want to do much with it though so I just curled it. People always said my hair looked better curled. I walked out and Delilah was wearing a skirt and top and had her hair in a bun.

"Wow, you look hot!" She exclaims.

"Oh, thanks. You too."

"Now put on your shoes and hurry up." She grins and puts on her shoes too. I put mine on and tell her I won't be a minute. I quickly check my Skype again. He still hadn't been online or anything. I logged out and turned off my laptop.

I got thinking. Do we even have a relationship anymore? We haven't spoken in nearly a month. He stopped talking to me and I have no idea why. Should I just give up on our relationship? It's like nothing is there anymore.

"What's wrong Abster?" Delilah came up with that nickname and I don't really like it but it's okay.

"Nothing, Del. I'm just thinking if Alex and I even have a relationship anymore. We haven't spoken since nearly a month ago. He hasn't even replied to any of my messages. I think this is probably the end of our relationship."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, I mean he doesn't seem to be making an effort.. A relationship takes two people not one."