Chapter Four

Abigail's Point Of View.

I was sitting in my usual seat when this girl came up to me. I know she has been in a few of my classes but she has never spoken to me, ever.

"Hey." She smiles.

"Uh, hi?"

"I'm Kelly."

"Abi."

"I know, I was wondering, would you like to hang out sometime?"

"Uh sure..? Why suddenly ask me though?"

"I don't know, I'm just open to making new friends."

"Oh, well okay then."

"Want to get a coffee at break? My boyfriend will be coming with."

"Oh, yeah sure."

"Feel free to invite anyone if you want."

"Alright, see you later then."

"Nah, I'm sitting next to you."

"Oh, awesome." A new friend? I like making new friends. She best not be a mean girl. We chat for a few minutes until our teacher comes in and starts teaching us.

***

I was sitting with Kelly in our local coffee place. We were waiting for this boyfriend of hers. I was drinking ht chocolate while she was drinking coffee. She had also ordered her boyfriend a hot chocolate. I looked up and saw Alex walk in. I looked away hoping he wouldn't notice me.

"Oh there you are!" She exclaims. I look up and I see her and Alex hugging. He kisses her on the cheek. What?! "This is my boyfriend Alex. I bumped into him the other day and we just hit it off!"

"Oh, nice."

"What?" She asks. She exchanges glances from me to him. "Oh, do you know each other?"

"Yeah, we went to high school together. That's all." He says. Was he not telling her we dated? Did I mean anything to him then? Why am I bothered by this? I've moved on. And apparently so has he. Why should I even care? I broke up with him, he was a jerk and all and.. Yeah. You still love him, that's why you care.

"Yeah, we just went high school together." I agree.

"Oh, so I don't need to introduce you guys?"

"Nope." I say, faking a smile. I check my phone and make up an excuse. "Oh shit, sorry I was supposed to meet someone. But I'll see you later, Kelly. And nice seeing you again, Alex."

"Oh alright then, see you later!"

"Yeah, nice seeing you too." He winks at me. For some reason that I do not know, it sends shivers down my spine.

I quickly rush out. It was awkward. But, life must go on eh? Just got to forget about him. He's my ex for a reason. I call Tony, hoping he wasn't in any lessons.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's me."

"Abi! Sis! How are you?!"

"Brilliant."

"You don't sound it?"

"I'm alright, it's cool. How are you?"

"I'm good, uni is great! Oh, did you get Alex's surprise then?"

"Moving to my uni?"

"Yeah!"

"Yep, it's a great surprise.."

"You don't sound happy about it."

"I am."