Chapter Twenty One

"Jackie." I say. "I find it a nice name. Plus it's like one of my favourite characters in Hollyoaks but she left ages ago."

"You're naming our daughter after a character in a tv show?"

"No, no! I just genuinely like the name Jackie. Don't you?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Good. So, we name her Jackie then?"

"Yes, baby Jackie." I hand Alex Jackie and I could instantly tell he fell in love with her. She giggles. He starts tearing up just looking at her. I tear up at the sight. He wipes his tears away.

"You are allowed to cry."

"I know, I don't like crying though." I smile. Bless him. After about a few minutes Tony, Sandra, my dad and Alex's parents come in. My dad is the first to hold her after Alex. He starts crying.

"She's beautiful." He hands her to Alex's mum. She looks at her with pure happiness.

"A beautiful granddaughter I can spoil! I can't wait to buy her little dresses and all those Disney princess dresses too." She hands Jackie over to Alex's dad. He smiles at her. She points her finger at him and he smiles wider. He then hands Jackie to Tony.

"I'm an uncle! She's so cute!" He kisses her little face and she somewhat giggles. I look at Sandra. I still feel bad for her since she lost her baby. But she's pregnant again. And they're over the moon.

"Stop hogging her, let her meet her auntie!" Sandra says with as much excitement as she had when she found out I was pregnant. He hands Jackie to Sandra and she grins. "Can't wait to spoil you, little one. I'm going to be the best auntie ever!"

"Sand, you're her only auntie." Alex states.

"Shh I know." She looks back at Jackie and smiles at her. "You're going to have a little cousin in seven months. You can be the best of friends." She then hands her back over to me. I kiss her head and she giggles. Beautiful.

"Sorry to spoil this little gathering," the nurse says, coming into the room. "But this little one needs to have a bath." I hand Jackie over to the nurse. "The father is allowed to come if he wishes." Alex follows the nurse. Aw, I kind of wanted to be one of the first to bathe her but I guess I had to rest.

The doctor comes in. "Right Miss Simmons, how are you feeling?"

"Uh fine thanks. Little tired."

"Right, well I expected that. Well, everyone clear out. Miss Simmons needs to rest." They all say goodbye and that they'll visit later. "Have you decided on a name?"

"Yes, Jackie."

"Good, good. So, would her surname be Hutchings or Simmons?"

"Hutchings. Alex and I are going to be married soon, I suppose."

"Okay, good good. Well, while you rest, Alex will need to fill out the birth certificate."

"Okay, thank you." The doctor leaves and I soon fall asleep.

***

I wake up to crying. I look around the room, seeing Alex holding Jackie. He tries to calm her down but she carries on crying. "Why is she crying?" He panics, looking at me.

"Maybe she pooped herself.. Or she's hungry?"

"Probably hungry." He says, smelling her butt.

"How did her bath go?"

"Great, she was a little angel." He hands her to me.

"Why are you handing her to me?"

"She's hungry."

"What am I supposed to do?"

He looks at me like I'm dumb. "You have boobs don't you?"

"No shit."

"Don't swear, remember?"

"Oh right yeah. Sorry little one."

"Anyways, you have boobs.. Breast feeding."

"Oh! Right.. Uh well.."

"Quickly man, she's crying her eyes out!"

"Oh, this is kinda awkward.."

"I guess I'm going to have to share your boobs with our little girl then eh?"

"Alex! Dude, no." The nurse comes in.

"Ah, I was just coming to tell you that you'll need to feed her."

"Yeah, but uh what do I do?" I ask, awkwardly.

"Just put her mouth to your breast." I feel like laughing. This is so awkward. Alex stifles a laugh too. I do as the nurse says and Jackie starts sucking. Damn this feels weird. And ew. And awkward. (A/N I'm so sorry but this is totes awkward to right omf I can't stop laughing idek why 😂)

I finish feeding Jackie. She's not crying at least. I hold her close to me as she starts falling asleep. She closes her eyes and you could just see her little chest rising up and down. "She's sleeping." I whisper to Alex, as he comes in. He sits down on the seat closest to me. He looks at her adoringly.

"She's so cute and adorable. I've never seen anything more beautiful in the world." I clear my throat. "Except you of course." He winks. I grin.

"She takes after her mummy."

"Damn right she does. She's going to have boys chasing after her. But screw them, ain't no boy getting my baby girl."

"So protective already and she's what, only a couple of hours old."

"Mhmm. But look at her, so innocent. Any boy that messes with her will wish they didn't."

"Aw babe, don't be so protective. She's going to grow up and have a boyfriend at one point."

"Shut up, I don't want her to grow up. Maybe she can stay this way forever? No boys."

"She'll grow up one day Alex. Do you really think my dad wanted me dating you?"

"But I'm fabulously sexy."

"Hm, keep thinking that."

"Jackie is living proof that you know I'm fabulously sexy."

"Oh shut up." I giggle.

Authors Notes.

Okay, so I waited a day lmao. Um I only got one name entry. There were a few votes for the previous chapter but only one person commented so Alex and Abi's baby girl is named Jackie if you didn't know already. XD

So yeah, thank you to jack_fuentes for the name haha(:

Uh yeah. Honestly that breast feeding bit was so fudging awkward I almost peed myself laughing......

Anywho.. 2 days 2 hours 9 minutes till Xmas ;) woohoo!

Look out for a possible update tomorrow.. Might be a Christmas one hehe...

Well, byeeeeeeee 😁