Chapter Fifteen

I was mid in sleep when I heard noise and felt the bed dip and arms wrap around me. "Alex?"

"Mm?"

"Why you gotta make a lot of noise and shit?"

"What?"

"You woke me up with that fat ass of yours."

"I did no such thing."

"Well I'm awake aren't I?"

"Maybe you were already awake waiting for me."

"Uhhh no, I cherish my sleep. What time is it anyway?" I can feel him shrug his shoulders so I check the time on my phone. "5am?"

"Wow."

"Late night with Tony eh? Is there something going on between you two that I should know?"

"Okay, fine. You caught me out. I'm having an affair on you with him. We're in love."

"You are?"

"Yes."

"Then why are you marrying me?"

"Because my parents wouldn't approve of him and I being together."

"Okay then." He sounded serious. Was he being serious? Or am I hearing things? I am kind of sleepy still. Well what do you think, it's 5am. "So, we're not really a couple? You don't really love me?"

"No, it's a cover. I actually only have eyes for Tony. And Tony and Sandra, well same as us."

"Okay." If this is a joke, he's taking a bit far. It kinda hurt that he said we weren't really a couple and that he didn't love me- even if he was only joking. Which I'm still confused about. I decide I should probably go back to sleep. "Why don't you go cuddle up with Tony? Set an alarm so my dad doesn't catch you both?"

"Nah, I'm fine here."

"No I insist. It's fine."

"No I-"

"Go on, I won't tell. I promise. Besides I kind of want to sleep on my own. I like the bed to myself. More space."

"Abi-"

"Seriously.. Moosh, go.. Me tired."

"Uhh.."

"Look, to make it easier. I'm kicking you out of my bed and my room."

"Abi I-"

"Oh my gosh just fuck off. I just want to sleep!"

"Uh okay." He got out of the bed and probably left. I know he was joking but I just really wanted to sleep. I really didn't care for his stupid jokes. I'm tired.

***

I woke up, stretched my arms and legs and went to the toilet and brushed my teeth. I yawned and walked downstairs. I saw Alex sleeping on the couch. Why was- oh. Now I remember. He was being some weird dude trying to joke when I was sleepy. Silly guy.

"Alex, wake up you lazy bum." I say, pushing him around.

"Huh?"

"Move, I want to sit down."

"Oh, uh sorry." He moved ever so slightly and I sat down.

"You should probably get up."

"Why?"

"Cos my dad will be up soon and you probably don't want him getting you up."

"I don't care. I'm tired."

"Yeah and I wasn't last night?"

"What?"

"You kept bugging me last night with that stupid joke that you and Tony are lovers."