Chapter Twenty Five

One Month Later.

I woke up with the urge to throw up. I scrambled out of bed and ran to the bathroom and threw up. Shit, am I pregnant again?

"Mummy, you okay?"

"Huh? Yeah I'm fine, sweetie."

"But you throw up."

"I'm okay. Are you hungry?" She nods. "Go wait in the living room, I'll make you breakfast in a minute." She nods and runs off. I throw up again. Yuck.

I finish throwing up and go into our room. Alex was still sleeping. I put on my dressing gown since it was quite cold.

"Mummy, can I have pancake please?"

"Course you can. Do you want to help mummy?"

"Yeah!" She runs up to me and helps me take everything out. We start making the mixture and Alex walks in.

"Whatcha guys making?"

"Pancakes!" Jackie exclaims.

"Count me in then." He goes and sits himself on the couch- still in his boxers. Dude seriously, I honestly don't think Jackie would want to see her dad in his boxers. But I don't mind seeing him in his boxers, obviously.

"Alex, put some clothes on."

"Oh right yeah." He goes and puts a shirt on. Literally. That's it.

"I meant pants too."

"Fine mother."

"Ok shut it lover boy." I stick my tongue out at him and he sticks his tongue out at me. When he comes back I tell Jackie to go chill with him. I look over and they're watching Peppa Pig. I can't believe that show is still on.. I start actually making the pancakes. "First ones nearly done." Jackie comes running and sits at the table.

I serve the pancake in her plate and she drowns it in syrup. While she's enjoying it and cutting it up herself- since she said she was a big girl- Alex came up to me, wrapping his arms around me.

"We're you going to tell me you threw up this morning?"

"Huh?"

"Jackie told me you were throwing up."

"Oh, well... yeah."

"Do you think-"

"Maybe."

"But- oh shit." He curses, under his breath.

"What?"

"I maybe forgot to um use protection uhhh.. Christmas night ring a bell?" He says, winking. Damn him and his winking. He always does that.

"Of course I do. Dammit Alex, how could you forget?"

"Weren't you on the pill?"

"No, I stopped being on the pill ages ago."

"Oh." I put the other pancake on Jackie's plate and yet again she covers it in syrup. "Babe, I think you should take a pregnancy test."

"Maybe I just got sick or something? I might not even be pregnant."

"Well I hope you are." He goes and sits down at the table and I finish making the batch of pancakes. Alex and I eat our pancakes whilst Jackie watches tv. We sit in silence. Do I want another child? I know he does but do I? At the end of the day, it is kind of my choice since I'm the one carrying the child.

I decide to go shower- after cleaning up of course. I start the shower and go into my room to get some clothes to go out. "Abi." He says, standing in the doorway. Like dude, he's in my way.

"Yeah?"

"We should talk."

"Alex, look. I'm going to have a shower and go out and get the tests."

"To see if you're pregnant?"

"No, to see if I'm a unicorn."

"Alright sorry. No need for sarcasm."

"Sorry." He moves out my way an I go and shower.

***

Jackie was taking a nap. I was now waiting those dreadful few minutes. "How long do you have to wait?"

"Few minutes."

"Can we talk?"

"What about exactly?"

"If you're pregnant, do you want it?"

"I know you want it."

"Yes but do you want it? Cos if you don't then I'll be okay with that."

"I don't know.. I really haven't thought whether I wanted another child or not."

"Well you do want two kids."

"I know but I'm just not sure what I want.."

"Has it been a few minutes?" I pick up the stick. It's either two blue lines or one. I look at it.

Two.

Two lines.

I'm pregnant. Again.

"Well..?" I show him. He looks confused. "What does that mean."

"We have another on the way." I confirm. He grins.

"Really?!"

"Yeah." To be honest, I'm happy. Now that I know I'm pregnant I realise I want this baby. "I hope we have a boy."

"You want the baby?" I nod. "This is brilliant! I think we should celebrate."

"Celebrate? How so?" He smirks, while leading me to the bedroom.

***

"Daddy, why are you on mummy?" Alex and I immediately look towards the door. Jackie is standing there with her teddy bear, looking at us weirdly. Our eyes widen. Well they widened ages ago when we heard her voice.

"Uh, we're playing."

"Can I play?"

"No, we're playing a grown ups game."

"Oh." She pouts.

"Go play in your room. How about we finish our game and then come play with you?" She nods. "Close the door on your way out." He says as she runs off. Alex starts to continue but I stop him. "What?"

"Our two year old daughter caught us having sex and you want to continue?"

"Yeah, I told her we'll finish off our game."

"Alex you really are crazy."

"Crazy for you." I laugh at his cheesiness. We stop and get ourselves dressed.

"How embarrassing though?"

"What?"

"Our child walking in on us in the act."

"Well she didn't see anything did she?"

"Should hope not!"

"Who cares if she saw? It's a good thing."

"Please enlighten me, Alex. How is the fact she caught us having sex a good thing?"

"Well its a good thing because that means her parents are still very much in love. Which we are aren't we?"

"Of course, I can't get enough of you."

"What, my sexiness?"

"I guess."

"The feeling is mutual." As he walks out, he slaps me on the butt. I glare at him but he doesn't see.