Chapter Twenty

"Pregnant?" I nod. "As in, you have a little baby growing inside you?"

"Well I don't know what other meaning pregnant has but yes that's what I mean."

"Why didn't you tell me sooner? Rather than letting me think you were cheating." Damn, that wound is still wide open. How could he think I would cheat?

"I was scared."

"Why?

"I was scared you might not want the baby and that you'll leave me.. We kinda planned to have kids after we married and I don't know.. I was just scared you'd leave.."

"I would never leave you. You know that."

"But when a baby is in the scene it's different."

"Look," he came over to the couch and knelt down in front of me, taking hold of my hands. "I love the fact that you're pregnant. I think it's fantastic. We're finally starting our family. And I couldn't be any happier for you to be the mother of my kids." I smiled. He's so sweet. He always knows just what to say..

"The throwing up was morning sickness.. I'm not really ill.. I mean I thought I was but Sandra kind of had an inkling I was pregnant. She made me take two tests."

"Hm, well I guess this is better than you being sick."

"I'll get fat though." I pout.

"And you'll still look beautiful and sexy." I laugh. I doubt that. "What's so funny?"

"Nothing, nothing." I say, shaking my head.

"Girl or boy?"

"Well I don't know that yet, I'm probably only a month gone."

"I mean what one would you want?"

"Oh, I don't really mind. What would you want?"

"A baby girl so I could have two girls to spoil."

"You could always spoil a boy."

"Yes, I guess. If we have a son, I promise I won't turn out like my dad and how he treated me for many years."

"I know you won't."

"So, we're having a kid eh?"

"Yeah, it's scary though.. I mean I'm still young and I don't want to get fat and I don't want all these weird cravings for nine months. Then, oh my gosh, there's giving birth! Apparently it's really painful.. I don't like pain. Alex.. I don't want to go through giving birth.. I'm scared."

"Baby, you don't have to be scared. I'll be with you throughout everything. I'll be there when you want your feet rubbed. I'll be there when you want those weird cravings. I'll be there when you give birth. I'll be there." He kissed my hands and I started to cry.

"Oh dear Lord."

"What?"

"I forgot about how my hormones will be everywhere. One minute I can be happy, then the next I can be sad. Then I could be horny."

"I don't mind you being horny."

"Of course you won't." We laugh for a bit and he sits next to me, cuddling me. I mean he's still in his suit which is fabulous. But yeah. "Alex, I'm still scared. What if I die while giving birth? What if the baby dies?! What if I have a miscarriage?"

"You'll be fine. Stop worrying."

"But I can't stop worrying.."

"Look, how about we go to the hospital on Friday and then they can tell us everything yeah? And they can tell you that nothing will go wrong."