Chapter Sixteen

Eight Months Later (August).

Alex and I quit uni. We quit after our first year since we didn't want to quit half way through.

We're now looking for a place to live together. Before you ask, no we aren't married yet. We thought we'd take our time. There's no rush.

"Alex, this is perfect!"

"Really though? Wouldn't you want to live in a house?"

"But this apartment is perfect and just right. Houses are too big."

"Well if you like it then I guess we can buy it." Alex had a job at some insurance firm. He had to wear a suit and he looked really sexy. Mind you, most guys do look sexy in suits. To be honest I actually have no idea what he does at his job but he works Monday to Thursday and has Friday to Sunday off. So usually I'm just chilling on my own.. Well actually I'm chilling with my dad. Okay not even that. He's at work most of the time.

I actually go out and do absolutely nothing. Damn, it sounds like I'm a loner but all my friends are visiting their family and are on holiday together so I'm just a loner. Alex isn't really seeing his family- especially his dad. Tony has decided to go with Sandra and her family camping. Not my kind of thing. Or actually, I've never been camping so I shouldn't really say it's not my kind of thing. They do always say not to judge a book by it's cover.

To be honest, I think I should try to find a job. I am bored out of my mind.

"Yeah, I think it's a fab place."

"Alright then." He turns to the person showing us the house. I don't remember his name. "We'll take it."

"Alright, good choice." The dude says. "If you'd like, we can fill out the paper work now and this place could be yours in a couple of days."

"Great. Thank you." Alex says.

"Follow me, we'll have to head back to my office." We go to the guy's office which was about fifteen minutes away.

Alex does all the signing and I sign a few things too.

"Alright, the house is yours. You'll be able to move in two days from now" well wasn't that simple?

"Thank you." Alex and I say in unison.

"You are very welcome guys. I hope you love the place."

"I'm sure we will." I say. The guy, Hector (I read his name on the door to his office), showed us out and we drove back to my dads place. We had most of our stuff in boxes anyway since those were the stuff we had brought to uni and brought back. My dad let Alex keep his stuff at ours since he knew Alex and his parents weren't on perfect terms. However though, he did have to get everything else from their house. But he had most things here.

"I suppose we start packing. I'll call a moving truck." He said as I sat on the couch.

"Okay, I'll go start packing. You can help me if you want."

"I might go to m parents to get my stuff."

"I'll come with you?"

"Well, I was planning on putting them all in boxes and then when we're moving, get the moving truck to stop by there."

"Alright, but I can still help you.. If you want though."

"I'll be alright."

"Okay then." I head upstairs, grabbing some boxes in the mean time and head into my bedroom. I start packing the rest of my clothes into one box. Then I pack all my jewellery with my clothes. I didn't have much though. I heard the front door shut. I guessed that it was Alex heading out to his parents.