Chapter Twenty Seven

A/N This is the last chapter. Sorry ;( and it may be short..

10 Years Later.

"Jackie wake up! You'll be late for school!" I say, walking into her room.

"Mum, I don't feel well." I furrowed my eyebrows. I went to her bed and felt her forehead. You seem fine to me." She pouted and got out of bed. She went and had a showed whilst I made breakfast. Josh was already out of bed and dressed for school. He was sitting patiently at the table waiting for his breakfast.

Alex was getting ready for work. Lucky for me, I didn't start work till later. Alex came downstairs and kissed me on the cheek. He sat down and chatted to Josh. Alex always dropped Josh off for school whereas Jackie walked on her own.

Jackie soon came down as I served them all breakfast. "What's up baby girl?" Alex still called her that and at the age of thirteen she obviously found it embarrassing.

"I feel sick but mum won't let me stay home." Alex looked to me. She always did this. If I said no she would ask him but he always stuck by me.. Most of the time. He felt her forehead.

"You seem fine though." She rolled her eyes and grabbed her bag and left without any breakfast. "She doesn't seem to want to go to school."

"All kids are like that. I remember I was. You definitely was though, skipping school."

"Yes but I was slightly older. Besides, you hardly knew me most of high school."

"Alright fair enough. Eat up Josh, you have to leave soon."

They both ate up while I made myself breakfast too. As I was finishing, they were preparing to leave.

"Bye mum!" Josh ran up to me and hugged me. I kissed him on his head. This kid is getting taller by the minute I swear. He is so much like his dad. He runs off and puts his shoes on whilst Alex says bye to me.

"Well, I guess I'll see you later sweet cheeks."

"Still going to call me that, huh?"

"Of course I am. I'll see you later yeah?"

"Hm fine. Okay, have a good day."

"You too, sweet cheeks." I glared at him but we kissed. I'm guessing we kissed too long since Josh was making disgusted noises.

"Ew! Get a room!" Josh said walking away probably to wait by the door.

"Gladly." He whispered. I rolled my eyes.

"We're not giddy teenagers anymore."

"Wish we were. Those were the days."

"Dad! I don't want to be late for school!"

"I should probably-"

"Yeah you should." He walked off, not without winking though, and they both left.

Now for me to eat and get ready for work.

***

I unlocked the front door and walked in, greeted by Josh.

"Mum!"

"Hey Josh, how was your day?"

"It was great! I got top grades in science."

"How was math?" He always struggled with math, just like Alex. I remember when I had to tutor him.

"I didn't do too good." He said frowning. Josh recently had some exams.

"Don't worry, how about I help you out huh? Or Jackie could." Jackie took after me in everything. Her looks, personality except she didn't have a bad bone in her body. She wasn't a 'bad girl' like me. She also had my smarts. She was very smart. I was worried she'd be bullied for it though.