Preference #20 You realize you have feelings for him

Damon:

Y/N's POV:

I'm sitting in the square in the middle of Mystic Falls, alone just looking at the stars contemplating everything that has happened.

My mother came back from the dead claiming that she wanted us all to be a family again but in reality she was plotting our death alongside my big brother Finn.

So she linked us all together and we would've died if Stefan and Damon didn't step in and save the day. At the same time though the Salvatore brothers only stepped up because Elijah had Elena and Rebekah was going to kill her.

They were also helping my mother to begin with and were gladly going to let us all die, I didn't expect this from Damon honestly, I thought we were at least friends.

"Now what's a pretty girl like you doing out this late, sitting here all by her lonesome?" speak of the devil I looked over at him and glared but didn't say anything

"oh now come on let's see that pretty smile" , "piss off Damon"

he walked closer to the bench I was sitting on "oh come on now Y/N/N be nice"

I was getting really angry at the point

"I said piss of Damon! And don't call me that only my friends get to call me that" at this point he was standing right next to where I was sitting

"oh are we not friends?" he almost sounded a little hurt

"I thought we were, but apparently I was wrong" he came and sat down next to me

"come on we are friends, I saved your life today" I was done.

I stood up and turned to look at him "Ya well you were also the one who put my life in danger in the first place! We are not friends you are a liar, and a coward if this is how you treat your friends than I definitely don't want to be your friend! In fact I wish I didn't know you at all! So stay the hell away from me!"

I just now realized how upset I truly was I was about to walk away but when I turned around he was standing right in front of me

"Y/N/N, I never wanted to hurt you," he said with a sincere look in his eyes I didn't care though "just stop Damon" I tried to walk past him but he wouldn't let me.

I was growing more and more frustrated with him I tried to walk past him again and once again he stopped me blocking me with his arm. "Stop it Damon! Move!" he wrapped his arm around my waste "No" he said pulling me close to his chest, I hated myself at this moment for the fact that I enjoyed being in his arms.

I shoved him away from me and slapped him in the face he just looked at me with a sad look I hit him in the chest with both of my hands and he stepped back a little but didn't stop me so I just kept hitting him over and over again.

I didn't notice I had started crying until he grabbed both of my forearms to stop me from hitting him

"Hey! Hey! Y/N/N, look at me, stop look at me!" he said I continued to struggle against him, I finally stopped and looked up at him

. "I'm sorry okay? I. Am. Sorry. Never for a single second did I want to hurt you, the thought of you dying hurts me okay? It physically hurts me. I realized I made a mistake the minute I agreed to that stupid plan and I didn't stop your mother because your siblings had Elena I stopped Ester because I knew I couldn't lose you!" the entire time he was talking he was looking deeply into my eyes and I was still crying.

He pressed his forehead against mine and closed his eyes, "I'm sorry"

I wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him tightly as his arms went around my waist holding me just as tightly I don't know how long we stayed like that.