Imagine Damon #4

Part 2 to dancing on my own imagine

Y/N's POV:

I was in my hotel room packing up my things. There is no reason for me to stay here any longer, I came back for Damon but he has moved on, I guess it's time for me to do the same. Maybe I'll go somewhere fabulous next who knows Dubai, Italy, Paris, Barcelona. Just somewhere maybe I can meet some attractive guys and move on with my life move on from him.

I'm stopped from my packing, when I hear a knock on the door. I furrow my eyebrows confused, no one knows I am here Damon saw me but I doubt he would come and see me. I open up the door and there is standing the one and only Stefan Salvatore, Damon's younger brother.

"Damon told me you were in town. Can I come in?" he asked taking in my shocked expression when I lived in Mystic Falls years ago Stefan and I had become really close I was in love with his older brother of course but Stefan and I became fast friends and I cared deeply for him.

"Of course you can" I said smiling lightly and moving out of the way so he could walk in. He paused looking out the window at the streets of Mystic Falls.

"What are you doing here Y/N? It's been almost 200 years and you just show up out of the blue, why now?" he didn't say it in a harsh way, but it felt like an interrogation.

"I came back to see you, to see Damon" I said looking down at my feet as I said Damon's name quietly.

"Why?" he asked seeming skeptical "Why now?" he questioned again.

"I missed him, I missed both of you. I thought Katherine was still lurking around she had me sent away and I knew she would do it again I wouldn't be able to handle it if I came back and saw you both just to be drug away from you again." I said feeling slightly emotional.

He looked into my eyes, his gaze seem to soften a little as he took me by surprise stepping forward and wrapping me in his arms.

I was so happy to have him standing in front of me, I instantly returned the hug and couldn't help but let a few tears fall. I think he heard me sniffle and felt my tears because he hugged me a little tighter.

"I am so sorry Y/N. I wish I could of protected you from her. I wish things could be different, that you could still be with Damon I wish things were as they used to be, and that I could go back and just fix everything, make different decisions and just do the right thing." he said into my ear.

I pulled away from him looking him in the eye. "I know but you can't, what happened, happened and there is no taking it back or changing it" I told him tears still falling from my eyes, "is he happy with her, is she right for him?" I mumbled out

He looked at me and seemed sorry for me "He is happy, and she is good for him, she is amazing trust me she's a good one"

I looked at him and it suddenly dawned on me and I smirked at him "you two did always have the same taste in women" I chuckled as his cheeks turned pink.

"What...what are you...what are you talking about Y/N?" he said avoiding eye contact with me

"Oh please you can't fool me Stefan, I know you, you are in love with her too!" he finally looked me in the eyes giving me a sad smile, "No" he simply said and I raised an eyebrow motoning for him to continue.

"I was in love with her, for a long time she was my girlfriend before she was Damon's. I'm no longer in love with her though, don't get me wrong I love her and I do truly think she is amazing I'm just not in love with her like I used to be. I don't see a future with her anymore." he finished and looked down at the ground. I moved towards him and rested my hand on his cheek, "well all I want is just for the two of you to be happy because you both deserve it. It does hurt, I'm sure you know all about that. I will be okay though and so will you"