Prologue

3RD PERSON POV

In the outskirts of Kyoto, a 15-year-old girl was running for her life through the woods. This girl was Alex and she was being chased by a rogue wolf. She ran for her life and then she came to a halt to try and catch her breath.

"Oh man...how did taking a shortcut home turn into a nightmare...?" Alex mumbled.

Earlier on that evening, Alex was exploring the temples with her friends and then she decided to take a shortcut home but, as she was making her way back, a wolf appeared out of nowhere and it began to chase her and this where she is now.

AAROOOO!!!

A loud howl appeared from behind her and it was that same wolf that was pursuing her. Alex's eyes widen and then she made a run for it again. Alex was getting tired after running through the woods but, she had to fight the exhaustion if she wanted to find safety. Suddenly, Alex tripped over a log and she sprained her ankle. Alex stood up but, pain shot through her ankle and she screamed in pain. Alex looked over her shoulder and then the rogue wolf that was chasing her before stalked closer and closer to her.

Alex's eyes widen and she tried to back away but, the wolf got closer and closer until the wolf growled and then it bit her in the leg. Alex screamed in pain as the wolf growled and bit deeper in her leg. The wolf released Alex's leg and right when it was about to finish her off, another wolf appeared except this white wolf was larger than the rouge and then he fought off the rogue wolf and chased it away. Once the rogue wolf was gone, Alex was scared at first until the wolf spoke to her through his mind.

"Go! run!"

"What? who are you and how-"

"Don't ask questions! just run! I'll find you again soon but for now, you need to get out of here before more rogue wolves show up!"

Alex nodded her head and then she managed to get back onto her feet and then she managed to limp away from the fight scene. Alex finally got back onto the main road and then she called her father.

"Dad! it's me!"

"Alex? what's wrong?"

"Please! you gotta come and get me! a large dog came out of nowhere and attacked me!"

"Oh my god, where are you right now?!"

"I'm at the main road near the entrance to one of the villages! please! you gotta come and get me! it hurts!"

"I'm on my way! don't go anywhere!"

Alex's dad didn't waste any time after getting into the jeep and he drove as fast as he could. Once he got to Alex's location, he rushed over to her and helped her into the jeep. Once they got to the hospital, the doctors checked Alex's bite and they were shocked to see how bad it was but, luckily, Alex was gonna be all right. However, little did she know, something was about to change her life forever.

After a few weeks of resting in the hospital, Alex began to change. She was no longer the same person as she was before. The wolf that bit her was no ordinary wolf, it was a hybrid werewolf and because of the bite, Alex was slowly turning into a werewolf. 

"Alex? are you all right?" Alex's mother asked her and she wiped the sweat off her daughter's forehead.

"I...I don't know...ever since I got bitten by that wolf...I haven't been feeling like myself..."

Alex panted a little from the high fever that she was getting. Alex couldn't understand why she was feeling like this until someone was banging on the door. 

"Hinamori! we know your infected daughter is in there!"

Alex looked at her mother confused until her father told them.