The War Begins

ALEX'S POV

After last night's events, Nobunaga showered me with a lot of attention and pleasure until morning. We eventually got out of bed but, Hideyoshi gave us a scolding when we got to camp.

"It's about time you two woke up! we've got a war to win and being late to organise our plans is not ideal!"

"Sorry 'mother', Nobunaga and I were exhausted," I said sarcastically.

"She's right but, I'm surprised you're able to move, Alex I thought you would have felt sore after last night," Nobunaga said before winking at me.

"Shut up, Nobunaga! not in front of the others!"

"Oh we heard you," Masamune commented with a tired look on his face along with Ieyasu.

Nobunaga and I looked at each other and then we smiled nervously.

"Oops, my bad."

"Apologies."

Nobunaga spoke with a sweat drop running down the side of his head. Ieyasu sighed and then Hideyoshi told us.

"Next time, keep it down!"

"Sorry Hideyoshi, I didn't realise Alex could 'howl' so loud."

I elbowed Nobunaga on his arm and he whined in pain. 

"Stop gloating about last night's events and start strategizing for the battle!"

"All right, all right, I'm going."

Nobunaga said to me before chuckling and leaving me to work on the plans. While Nobunaga was busy, I headed to the woods to go for a walk until several wolves appeared. I smiled at them and they let me pet their heads. Just then, Nobunaga finally showed up and he was surprised when he saw me with so many wolves.

"Wow, I've never seen so many wolves in one place before."

"Let's just say, these guys can see Shadow instead of my human form and they don't seem to mind me touching them like this."

"I see, you really do have your way with animals, first the dogs in Azuchi get excited to see you and then the cats hissing and attacking you, what's next?"

I giggled a little and then Nobunaga knelt beside me. The wolves snarled and growled at him and then I said to them.

"Hey! hush! it's okay, he's my mate."

The wolves stopped growling at him and then three of the wolves started sniffing Nobunaga. 

"Uh, what they doing?"

"Don't panic, they're just checking you out. They wanna make sure you're not a threat to them, here."

I guided Nobunaga's hand near one of the wolves and they sniffed his hand. I gently placed Nobunaga's hand on top of the wolf's head and then it the wolf relaxed under Nobunaga's touch. Nobunaga was surprised by this and then he starts pat the wolf's head. 

"You know, I honestly thought wolves were dangerous up close but now..."

"You changed your mind about them?"

"Yeah."

"That's the thing about wolves, they're misunderstood creatures. Everyone thinks they're dangerous, well, that is kinda true but, only when they're being threatened. However, when they're like this, they're no so dangerous, just like you."

"Me?"

"Yeah, everyone fears you because you're known as the Devil King of Azuchi and when you're in battle, you're a bloodthirsty tyrant but, underneath it all, there's a kind and gentle heart. I would know, I'm the one who fell for you."