The Moon Goddess, Selene

ALEX'S POV

I wandered alone that night through the woods in my wolf form. I did walk passed some travellers who were trying to get away from the fight that was going to take place but, they weren't afraid of me, but, they were curious. I wasn't in the mood to be petted or be fed, I couldn't get rid of the echos of the insults from the Oda soldiers. I got to a nearby river and I decided to take a short break before taking a drink. Once I was feeling better, I looked at my reflection and then my human self appeared. Shadow then said to me.

"Alex? do you really intend to return to the modern world and leave the man you love behind?"

"Of course...I don't have a choice...let's face it, Shadow. Being in love with Nobunaga felt real at first but now...it feels like it was all an illusion...a joke! what was I thinking?! how could I have possibly thought that me being in love with the Devil King would make feel like I belong here?! I'm a werewolf for crying out loud!!"

"Sheesh, calm down. I knew you were upset about the Oda soldiers being scared of you and being overprotective of Nobunaga but, to act like this?"

"Can you blame me...? Shadow, did you believe that Nobunaga was our mate? even though he's a human?"

"I did, I've seen how you two interact with one another. At first, I thought it was stupid to think you having a human as a mate was ridiculous but, a part of me knew that you two meant to be together."

"Meant to be together huh? what a joke..."

I growled angrily and then I glared at the moon.

"MEANT TO BE TOGETHER MY ARSE!!! how could you do this to me, Selene?!! how could you possibly think that Nobunaga and I could be together?!! My life is a mess since I became this monster!! you did this to me!! I HATE YOU!!!"

I shouted while howling in despair. I whimpered afterwards and I lowered my head sadly. I laid underneath the shadow of a tree and I fell asleep afterwards.

Dreamworld...

"Alex...Alex....Wake up, child."

I slowly opened my eyes and I found myself back in the Moon goddess' garden. Shadow sat up when she also heard that voice and then we looked around.

"Shadow? what's going? is this Dominic trying to contact me again?"

"No...this is not Dominic's doing, this is from someone who is very powerful."

I looked in the direction where Shadow was staring at and then we saw a beautiful woman sitting near the lake with a goblet in her hand. We approached her and I noticed that she looked beautiful. She has long curly waist-length hair and it was brown. She also has pale skin, violet eyes and she wore a goddess gown along with some silver bracelets and a wolf necklace around her neck. The mysterious woman looked at me with a smile and then she said to me.

"Finally awake? good, come. Sit next to me."

I was confused by this but, for some reason, Shadow decided to lay next to this woman. I sat beside her and then she offered me another goblet and it was filled with red wine.

"One of the best wines here in the spirit realm, enjoy."

I took the goblet from her and then she stared at the lake's horizon. White flower petals fell from the night sky and the moon looked beautiful but, I didn't feel like drinking or being here right now.

"What's the matter? you look a little upset, Alex."

"You know my name?"

"Of course, I'm the one who blessed you with this magnificent wolf."