Time Is Not On Our Side When It Comes To The Full Moon

ALEX'S POV

After escaping from Kenshin, I knew that he was going to try every attempt to kidnap me and use me as a hostage but, I was gonna have a little fun with him and his men. Right now, I was on my way back to the castle from delivering a kimono to one of the clients but, it had started to get dark and that was when I realised that I was being followed. I knew who it was so, I ran into an ally and no surprise, it was Kenshin's men who planned to kidnap me but, I was able to beat the crap out of them and I left one standing.

"*Yawn* was that all you got? and you were supposed to be Kenshin's vassals."

I said after yawning in boredom after beating five of my kidnappers. The last man standing looked at me with a shocked expression on his face and he stared at me like a gaping frog.

"Wha...how...how were you able to defeat all five of my men?!"

"Let's just say, I'm an expert when it comes to hand to hand combat and escaping from jerks like you."

"Grr! you won't escape us that easily!!"

The man charged at me and I shrugged my shoulder while sighing a little.

"This isn't much of a challenge at all, how disappointing."

I punched my kidnapper square in the face and then he fell onto the floor. I chuckled a little and I told them.

"Nice try boys but, tell Kenshin this: if he wants to use me as a hostage then be my guest and come at me as many times as you want but, you can't catch this little wolf."

I laughed afterwards as I made my way back to the castle while leaving my six kidnappers unconsciousness. Once I made it back, Hideyoshi was standing at the gates waiting for me.

"There you are, do you have any idea how late it has gotten?"

"Sorry 'mother', I ran into some bothersome people on the way here, kidnappers from Echigo."

"What?! Hang on, how did you get away from them?"

"Why don't you see for yourself."

Hideyoshi looked in the direction where I was pointing and then he went to check it out for himself.

"This isn't over, Alex!" Hideyoshi shouted before running off to the spot where I left the kidnappers.

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

I said as I made my way back into the castle. I was on my way back to my room until I spotted the usual sugar-candy thief on another heist. I snuck up behind and I shouted.

"NOBUNAGA!!"

Nobunaga jumped in fright and he pressed his back against the wall. I burst into laughter and then Nobunaga glared at me.

"Alex! don't do that!"

"Hehehe...sorry I couldn't resist so, you're on another heist to get some sugar candy are you?"

"No."

"Nobunaga, don't lie to me, I can tell you're in a desperate need of some sugar," I spoke with a frown on my face.

"Ugh, okay fine, I'm on another heist and I'm also keeping an eye out for Hideyoshi."

"I wouldn't worry about him, he's a little busy cleaning up my mess right about now."

"Mess? what did you do now?"

"It's, uh, a bit of a long story."

As we snuck to the kitchen, I told Nobunaga what happened earlier and how I dealt with the ronin a few weeks earlier.