The God of War Falls and The Devil King Lives

ALEX'S POV

I held Nobunaga in my arms after that War God stabbed him in the back. Hideyoshi sat beside us with a worried look and then Masamune shouted.

"Kojuro! go and get Ieyasu and hurry!!"

"Yes, sir!" Kojuro shouted before getting his horse and riding back to camp at full speed but, I knew that he wasn't going to make it in time.

Nobunaga coughed out blood and then he looked at me with those dying eyes.

"Alex..."

"No! don't try to talk, my lord!" Hideyoshi shouted.

"Hideyoshi...for once I'll say this to you...shut up..." Nobunaga told him and he kept quiet.

"Alex...I'm sorry...I got careless, didn't I...? Maybe what...Kenshin told me...might be true...I fell for you and...I became weak..."

"No, don't say that. You were never weak and you want to know why? it's because you're my Devil King and I love you and we understand each other. That's why I was happy to call you my mate."

I said as I gently stroked his cheek. Nobunaga smiled at me weakly and he gently stroked mine.

"And I was...happy to have found someone who...was kind, strong and...*cough!* beautiful...don't ever...change Alex...and don't let those...people get to you...be proud of who you are..."

I couldn't hold back the tears and then began to spill out of my eyes. Nobunaga gently used his thumb to wipe away my tear and then he said to me.

"Hey...don't cry...I hate seeing you upest...it doesn't suit you...where's that...cheeky and yet, beautiful smile...that I love so much..."

I did my best to smile at him even though the tears kept spilling out of my eyes. Nobunaga smiled back at me.

"Now that's what I like to see...I love you, Alex..."

"I love you too, Nobunaga..."

I kissed him on the lips and when I pulled away I heard Nobunaga take his last breath and then he closed his eyes. My eyes widen and then Hideyoshi called out to him.

"Lord Nobunaga...?"

"Nobunaga...?" I whispered to him and I gently shook him a little.

"Nobunaga? Nobunaga?! NOBUNAGA?!!" I called out to him but he wasn't moving.

I lowered my head and I began to cry my eyes and I gently his body on the ground and then rested my arms and head on his chest. By the time, Ieyasu and Kojuro came back it was already too late. Kiba, Zion and some of the wolves whimpered sadly before they started howling. I heard Shadow howling but then, my heart started pounding but, it wasn't painful like those times when the full moon was out this one felt...pure rage. I slowly raised my upper half and then I heard Shadow speaking up.

"Mate...our mate was killed...he was killed by that War God!!"

3RD PERSON POV

Alex's body started to tremble and she clenched her fists tightly so that I was gripping onto the grass while her heart continued to beat in anger.

"Mate..."

Alex mumbled while gritting her teeth. Her fangs slowly appeared and then Hideyoshi looked at jer with a worried expression.

"Alex? what's wrong?"

Alex didn't respond and then she slowly turned her head so that she was glaring at the War God with an angry look on her face and she was ready to kill at any moment. Alex growled and then Masamune spoke up.