Reuniting With The Devil King

ALEX'S POV

I ran and ran through the woods in my wolf form. After Selene's visit last night, I knew that I had a future here in the Sengoku and it was with my mate, Nobunaga. However, I needed to get back to his side and help him win this fight. Suddenly, the smell of gunpowder and fire hit my nose and that was when I realised the fight had begun.

"Oh no, the fight has already started!"

"Don't stop running now! keep going! we're almost there!"

Shadow encouraged me before I continued to run through the woods. We eventually got to the battlefield and I was shocked when I saw the fight between the Oda and the Uesugi army. 

"Oh God, I thought the fights back home were bad but, this is worse!"

"Don't start now! let's go and find Nobunaga!"

"Right but, where is he? it's hard to tell from the scent of smoke and gunpowder."

I said as I looked for him frantically. I darted my head back and forth to spot Nobunaga amongst this chaos but so far, I couldn't see him. I couldn't stay hidden in the edge of the forest any longer so I had to run through the battlefield to find Nobunaga. As I ran through the battlefield, I watched some of our soldiers getting stabbed and shot by the Uesugi soldiers. I couldn't let that distract me because I had to keep looking for Nobunaga.

"Dammit! where is he?!"

"Wait a second, maybe he's at the frontlines! try there!"

"Are you crazy Shadow?! it's like pandamonium over there! we'll be killed!"

"And so will Nobunaga if we don't help him!"

"Ugh, I hate it when you're always right!"

I said as I sprinted through the battlefield. As I ran through the field, some of the soldiers were a bit surprised to see a wolf running through the field but, some of the Oda soldiers recognised me but, they didn't have time to stop me from getting to Nobunaga. Just then, that familiar scent of sweet candy and roses hit my nose. I wagged my tail and then I followed the scent. However, when I got there, Nobunaga was surrounded by several Uesugi soldiers.

"He's surrounded!"

"Not for much longer! fight them Shadow!!"

"You don't need to tell me twice!"

Shadow told me before she howled loudly which stopped the Uesugi's soldiers from coming closer to Nobunaga. They looked in my direction and then I let Shadow take over.

SHADOW'S POV

I charged towards the soldiers and then I growled loudly before leaping into the air and biting the soldier's neck. Blood spurted out of his neck and when I released the soldier's neck, I glared at the other soldiers and they looked at me in fear. 

"W-What is that thing?!"

"Is that a wolf?!"

"That can't be a wolf! it looks too big!"

I growled as I got in front of Nobunaga protectively and then one of the soldiers snapped out of it and he shouted.

"Forget that mutt! get the Devil King!!"

The soldiers shouted their battle cry but, I was too fast and agile for them. I swiped them with my claws and I bite their limbs with my fangs. One of the soldiers charged at me with his sword at the ready but I pounced on him and held him down. The soldier looked at me in fear before I bit down on his neck and it killed him instantly. I looked up and then the remaining soldiers scrambled away from me and they ran away from me. I smirked a little and I mumbled.