A Close Encounter With The War God

ALEX'S POV

A while had passed since I had been in the Sengoku period. I didn't think I'd actually fit in this world but, it's not that bad once you get used to it. My job as a chatelaine has gotten a bit better to now that I've got something to do other than sitting on my butt doing nothing all day. The others were a little impressed when I told them about the Hyrbids. Nobunaga wanted to look for one, well I should say Shadow, but, knowing Hideyoshi, he wouldn't allow him to go on a wild goose chase.

Right now, I was delivering some letters to the warlords and I was on my way to see Masamune but, a certain tiger cub wouldn't let me see him. Shogetsu stood in front of me hissing and growling at me.

"Will you stop hissing and growling at me and let me pass?!"

I shouted at Shogetsu as I tried to pass him for the tenth time. Shogetsu growled and then he tried to swat me. I growled annoyingly and I said to him.

"Okay, that's it!"

I grabbed Shogetsu by the scruff off his neck and he looked at me in fear when I glared at him.

"I have just about had it with your swatting and your hissing and growling!"

I told him as I headed to Masamune's room while Shogetstu tried to get out of my grip. Once I got there, Masamune looked at me surprised when he saw me holding Shogetsu by the scruff of the neck.

"Alex, what are you doing to Shogetsu?"

"Teaching him not to mess with me! Masamune, keep a better eye on him! I told you before! I hate cats! and if you don't keep him away from me, I'll use his fur for a new fluffy scarf!"

"Please don't."

"Then do me a favour, keep a better eye on him!"

I yelled before dropping Shogetsu on the ground. He scrambled to Masamune and he hides behind Masamune. I gave Masamune the envelope and then he chuckled nervously and he said to me.

"You weren't kidding when you said you hated cats."

"They're my worst enemy, I can tell you that much and as I said, I don't care if Shogetsu is a cub, I hate him."

"Oh come on, he's only a cub, he won't hurt you."

Masamune said as he stroked Shogetsu's fur but, he was hissing and growling at me again. I shook my head for no and I told Masamune.

"I don't think he and I are gonna get along. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got better things to do other than having a cat trying to attack me."

I said as I left the room. Once I had finished my work for the day, I decided to take an afternoon walk through town. The town looked busy and livelier the last time I was here aside from the little 'incident' at Shiki. As I walked through town, some of the dogs barked at me happily and one of the stay dogs ran over to me. It jumped up on me and I giggled a little before scratching its face. 

"Well aren't you a friendly, boy."

The stray dog got off me and then he wagged his tail before running off. I decided to visit the market place to see what I can buy today and maybe sneak some more sugar candy for Nobunaga.

'Wait! what's wrong with me?! why am I thinking about Nobunaga?!'

"Maybe that's because you're spending too much time with the Devil King, that's why."

"Ahh! stop reading my thoughts Shadow!"

"I'm your inner wolf, I can't help but read your thoughts."