Chapter 5

(Y/n)'s POV

Sneaking a casual glance behind me, I caught Gaku-nii's sharp gaze as he snapped a pair of wooden chopsticks. Ignoring his anger, I finished off the noodles, putting on an air of innocence.

Seeing as how the others had already finished, I nodded towards the door. Tsumugi smiled, getting my message as she ushered the boys outside while I paid for the meals.

Another worker stood at the counter, seemingly oblivious as to the reason pertaining to Gaku-nii's reluctance to be in my presence. Thanking him, I quickly headed outside.

"Thanks for the meal, (Y/n)," exclaimed Riku.
"You're welcome."
"I guess we'll start heading home now," Yamato said.
"Sure, see you next time."
"When's next time?" Tamaki asked.
"Whenever I have work with you guys, Tamaki. Tomorrow, I'll be working elsewhere but I'll try to make it in the afternoon."
"Okay, bye."

I waved goodbye to everyone as they left one by one, most going in different directions. I placed a hand over my heart, desperately trying to calm myself down as I reluctantly made my way home.

~Trigger's dorms~

"Do you have any idea how worried I was?!" Gaku-nii yelled.
"Calm down, will you? Like you said before, anything could've happened. What if it was simply because my phone was out of charge?"
"Anything, (Y/n). You were held captive by a bunch of drunk men!"
"But there was a woman that needed help! I couldn't just ignore her after hearing her scream!"
"And who said that you had to help?!"
"No one, I made that choice. I would've felt guilty if I didn't go! At least I'm not hurt!"
"Only because Ryuu was there! What if he wasn't?"
"You know me. I can get out of sticky situations-"
"But this time, it was different. Last time you didn't answer your phone without telling me, you were in serious trouble! You could've died!"
"That was then, this is now."

Ryuu quickly stood in between us after rushing out of his room. Gaku-nii didn't so much as bother fighting him off as he sent a sharp glare my way. Grabbing Ryuu's arm, I was suddenly pulled back before I even got the chance to take a step forward.

"(Y/n)."

Tenn's grip on my arm only tightened when I tried to move. He turned me around, his gaze gentle yet stern.

"Now's not the time," he said softly.
"*sigh* Gaku-nii...I'm sorry."

Without meeting any of their eyes, I headed to my room and quietly shut the door, feeling my legs give way as I collapsed to the floor. Tears brimmed my eyes but I refused to let them fall...I refused to surrender.

I was such an idiot. He was only looking out for me. Why did I have to fight back? Of course, that time had everyone worried. Even father took part in getting me back safely...but his reasons were unbelievable.

No one's POV

As (Y/n) reminisced about her brother's overwhelming concern for her safety, Tenn faced the said male as their eyes clashed, their gazes fierce and strong.

"There was no need to get so mad at her," said Tenn.
"Is it wrong to worry about her?-"
"No, but you know that she can take good care of herself."
"But I'm the only family she has! Our dad doesn't give a damn about her and she almost never sees her mum..."
"Gaku, go make up with her," Ryuu exclaimed.

Gaku heaved a heavy sigh, knowing that their words weren't wrong. Tenn and Ryuu smiled as he walked to his sister's room and hesitantly, almost reluctantly, knocked on the door.

Before the door had even opened the whole way, he pushed past it and pulled (Y/n) into a tight embrace. She gasped as he did so, burying his face in her soft hair.

"I'm sorry, I was just afraid..."

To lose you. He kept those words hidden, unrevealed to the world. He had almost lost her to death's open arms and he had sworn to never hand her over so long as he was by her side.

"Gaku-nii, I'm sorry too. You were just worried," she said, a kind smile on her face as he finally met her gaze.

His brows knitted together, his eyes holding everlasting concern and hidden love for the girl he held in his arms. A casual grin soon replaced his grim expression as he pulled away.

"I'm still holding you accountable for the trouble you caused me," he exclaimed.
"Fine, fine, Mr Fussy Pants," the girl replied.
"Tch, you seriously have no regard for me, what with that nonchalant attitude and all."
"Excuse me- actually, you might be right."
"You- geez, I was expecting you to deny it..."

(Y/n) let out a laugh, surreptitiously letting the others know that they had made up. Gaku didn't suspect her intention in the slightest yet either way, it worked out fine.

(Y/n)'s POV

~The next day~

"No, the boys don't need that," Anesagi exclaimed.
"Yes they do. They look more 'gentlemanly' with those coats."
"No, they don't. Gaku, Ryuu, Tenn, take those off."

I turned my head slightly, my sharp eyes daring them to defy me. The three gulped, growing ever more uncertain by the second. I smirked triumphantly as they held their hands up in defeat.

"I swear you three have grown enamoured with the girl," commented Anesagi.
"I'm her brother. Why the hell would I fall in love with her?" muttered Gaku-nii.
"Oh, magnificent! What splendid choice of clothes!" exclaimed the fashion coordinator.

I shot Anesagi a look that said 'I was right'.

"Thank you so much for organising their clothes for the shoot! That saves me a lot of time! I'm so sorry for arriving late but that is now in the past! Okay, boys, let's get your hair styled."
"No problem. Break a leg."

I gave a thumbs up as Tenn, Gaku-nii and Ryuu sent a small smile my way. Anesagi moved to my side, watching the boys with a proud gaze.

Trigger had reached a point no one else could ever reach, and I was determined to help IDOLiSH7 achieve that too. I'd win this battle no matter what.