Chapter 6

(Y/n)'s POV

While Anesagi took care of Trigger's photoshoot, I had taken the pleasure to manage all the paperwork regarding their next concert. Effortlessly flipping through the documents, casually answering important phone calls.

Giving a signature here and there, I felt as if my head was on the verge of explosion. However, I wouldn't have it any other way. These trivial dealings kept me occupied, they kept my mind from wondering.

"Hey (Y/n)."

I held up a finger as I answered the phone, stopping Tenn in his tracks. Obtaining the perfect venue for Trigger's upcoming concert was vital. Putting on a charming voice, I lured the receiver's uncertainty into certainty.

"You look busy," Tenn commented.
"I am, but not as busy as you three. How's the shoot going?"
"It's going fine."

Worry clouded my mind as he took a seat beside me and leaned his head back. Standing up, I quietly made my way behind him and gently massaged his shoulders.

Neither of us said anything. We were just grateful to be in each other's presence, tranquil and relaxing. I found him staring at me, to which I returned with a smile.

"Gaku's lucky to have a sister like you," he exclaimed.
"Eh? No way-"
"Treasure your relationship."

That same sorrow, that same loneliness. The clogs in my brain clicked into place, the machinery suddenly working at full speed as the realisation dawned on me. My mouth opened, but immediately drew to a line as I found myself hesitating.

He had told me his insecurities, the secrets not even Ryuu and Gaku-nii knew about. The family he 'abandoned'...was Nanase Riku. Being deep in thought, I had not noticed him standing up.

"Tenn..."

Pulling him into a warm hug, I wished for him to know that there were those that cared about him.

"(Y/n), you're..."
"Don't worry, Tenn. Everything will be fine, I'll make sure it is."

He just smiled and walked away. With newfound determination, I hurriedly finished off all the paperwork.

~Late afternoon~

Rushing out of the taxi, I hurriedly made my way to IDOLiSH7's practice room. The boys looked up as I entered, greeting them with a casual smile.

A soft, ghost-like touch met my shoulder, yet I remained unfazed as the perpetrator whispered my name in an attempt to scare me. Grabbing the male's arm, I dragged him to the front and smirked.

"Mitsuki, it's not good to scare people."
"Aww damn. It was the perfect opportunity too," he exclaimed.
"We were just practicing our new song," Iori said, completely ignoring his brother.
"Great. Are you guys having a concert?"
"Yeah, manager's organising the stuff for us. Luckily you came. She seems busy," commented Riku.
"Right, I'll get straight to it then."
"Didn't you come straight from your other part time job? You should rest," Sogo said, somewhat worried.
"Don't worry, I can handle myself."
"Oh no, a beautiful lady such as yourself shouldn't overwork themselves," Nagi exclaimed as he grabbed my hand.

Iori took the blonde's arm, twisting it slightly to make him let go. I laughed as he pouted and complained about the younger male's strict personality. The latter looked my way before asking for a private word with me.

I acquiesced to his wish, following him outside. His gaze serious, I prepared myself for what was to come. If anything, I knew that his serious attitude meant business, and often, that business was harsh.

"I've already given our manager a two year plan that we can work around," he said.
"Well, aren't you a model student?"
"*blush* I'm just doing what's necessary. I can help her with all the managing, but you seem capable of handling everything by yourself."
"You got me there, Iori."
"You're not concerned about my helping her?"
"No, not in particular. I trust your decisions."
"Then, mind if I ask you a question?"
"Go ahead."
"Where did you learn to reason so well? How are you so well acquainted with business?"
"...I learnt from my father. He's a great businessman, you see."
"So family expectations?"
"Yep."

A casual smile overtook my face, my emotions completely hidden by my fake exterior...my frontal facade. His perceptive intuition failed to see past my ghost...as expected of those who did not know me.

Raindrops bulleted down, smashing against the windows. I headed over, looking down on the streets that were now coated in a sea of rainwater. Iori followed me, yet I could feel his gaze on me instead.

"(Y/n)? You're here," said Tsumugi.
"Yeah."
"Here. I was just about to call you. These are the plans regarding their first concert. I've already started making flyers and I'm going to get started on their official website soon."

A frown replaced my smile as my mind went into a state of deep thinking. What a shallow way of going about it; however, I could not deny her fierce determination and strong will.

Simply utilising flyers and a website wasn't enough. I passed the documents to Iori, who took them, his eyebrow arched in a question. Dismissing it with a quick grin, I headed to the president's office.

The door opened before I even got a chance to knock as Kinako jumped out and into my arms. Hurriedly going inside, I shut the door and bowed before facing him with the smile of a businesswoman at work.

"Good afternoon, or should I say evening, Mr Takanashi. I need to speak to you about their concert."
"So you've heard from my daughter?"
"Yes, and I want to further the methods of gathering a suitable audience."
"I suspected that you would ask sooner or later, but my answer is no."
"I-"
"I know that you can make this work. I know that you have connections due to your affiliation with Trigger...but I want my daughter to learn herself. I want to test her. The boys will also get a chance to experience the difficulties of becoming an idol."
"...I see..."
"I've heard from Iori that you're quite good with reasoning, and possibly manipulation. Unfortunately, no matter what you say, I will not allow you to act, whether with them or on your own. Please respect my decision and continue from the sidelines."
"...if that is what you wish."

This may have been an obstacle I needed to face. Bringing IDOLiSH7 to their glory would take longer than expected. A polite smile tugged at the corner of my mouth as I quietly left the room, leaving Kinako by his desk.