Sad Ending

(Y/n)'s POV

The sun remained hidden in the shadows of the clouds floating overhead. I stood on the balcony, watching as a group of kids ran past towards the park. I breathed in the crisp, cool air before letting it out again.

"Want to go for a walk?" Tenn asked.
"Sure."

I followed him to the front door, waving goodbye to Gaku-nii and Ryuu who were busy watching a variety show on tv. The startlingly cold wind hit my face like raindrops falling from the sky.

Tenn and I boarded the bus just as it was about to leave, hurrying pulling on some masks. He met my gaze before we both burst into laughter. A child standing with his mother turned to look at us as I waved my fingers.

We left the bus no longer than ten minutes later, arriving in the bustling area of the city. The tall skyscrapers glistened like crystal castle turrets as it casted its shadows over the hundreds of pedestrians traversing the street.

"Come on," he said.

I immediately grabbed his sleeve for fear of separation, edging closer to match his steady pace. A sudden hand grasped my own, making me jump. Tenn looked behind as I turned to see Iori offer a smile.

"He was the one who asked me to take you out," Tenn exclaimed.
"Oh really?"
"I wanted it to be a surprise. Nanase-san's waiting for you in the cafe over there," said Iori.
"Riku is?"
"Come on, Tenn. Go have some family bonding time with your brother."
"We don't need any family bonding time..." he muttered despite heading to the cafe nonetheless.

I let Iori lead me around, content to just look around. He pulled me even closer to his body to which I smirked, feeling the corner of my lips curl up. A rush of red flooded his cheeks as I leaned in to peck his face.

"I love how I can make you blush."
"Well, have you not considered that I could do the same to you?" he whispered against my ear.

At his comment, heat rushed to my face. I hit his arm, making a turn left as he was dragged along. The wind only got stronger, digging its spiny fingers into my hair.

I was engulfed by a sudden warmth. Iori had taken his jacket off to drape over my shoulders. A grateful smile tugged at my lips as I squeezed his hand in gratitude.

A cute design caught my eye as we walked past a cafe. Their signature beverage looked too beautiful to drink, everything about it a mixture of elegance and endearment.

"Do you want it?" Iori asked.
"I-"
"You know what? I'm going to get it for you regardless of your answer because you'll probably decline if I offered to buy it."
"Iori-"
"Don't try to act your way out of it."
"Thank you."

He flashed a smile before heading inside. A small boy ran straight into me, making the both of us stumble. I quickly pulled him up before he could hit the ground.

"Are you alright?"
"S-sorry, neesan!"

The look he gave me was one of fright and desperation. A larger man was charging towards us, or more specifically, the young boy now beginning to take flight.

He ran onto the road before I could get a hold of him, where the lights had just turned green. Before I could think over my actions, my feet were already moving. The world around me silenced, everything stopped in that moment.

My hands reached out to push the boy away as a car came crashing into my body. Pain erupted throughout my entirety as my throat struggled to scream. Thick scarlet blood oozed down my head.

Everything around me was chaotic, yet I could only focus on one person. He was already by my side, tears scarring his face as his hands shakily came to grasp mine.

"(Y/n)-"
"Iori...everything hurts..."
"The ambulance will be here soon. D-don't talk."
"My body feels numb...i-if I don't make i-it..."
"Don't say that! Don't talk as if..."

More tears seep through his calm facade. He was breaking down.

"I-"

Blood exploded from my mouth, drenching my shirt in even more red liquid.

"Don't talk! You're going to be fine so..."
"I-Iori...I love you...tell my brother...t-that I l-love him too..."

My eyes slipped away from his face for a brief moment to catch Gaku-nii pushing his way through the crowd. His gaze met mine before I let out a soft smile and closed my eyes.

No one's POV

~A few hours later~

"What? She's..." Gaku started.
"I'n afraid there's a very slim chance that she'll regain consciousness. If time passes and she doesn't wake up...then we'll have to cut off her life support," explained the doctor.
"That's ridiculous! What do you mean she won't wake up?!"
"Gaku, calm down," Tenn urged.
"How do you expect me to calm down when (Y/n)'s condition is like that?!"
"Thank you," Ryuu said to the doctor, if only as a means to help him get out of Gaku's sight.

There wasn't a word said as they were left alone in (Y/n)'s room. Tamaki shook Sogo's arm, not realising the tears that had fallen. He turned his sorrowful gaze to the light-haired male.

"Ne, this is all a joke, right? I must be dreaming..." Tamaki exclaimed.
"...this is reality," Sogo whispered.

The tall male fiercely shook his head before escaping the room as if wanting to escape reality. Gaku took one look at his sister, his face crumpling into a mirror of desperation and despair.

He left the room after Tamaki, unable to take in the face of his sister as she laid there, still as a corpse. Iori moved to hold her hand as the others slowly filed out of the room to give him some privacy.

"(Y/n), please wake up..."

He closed his eyes against the tears, pulling her hand up to his face. He remained unaware of the single tear that slid down her cheek as he prayed to the gods to help her. She had felt his warmth yet it might've been the last time she'd have ever experienced human life.

(Y/n), I had a dream. I dreamt that some time in the future...we'd be able to have a family.