Chapter 71

(Y/n)'s POV

Riku's eyes fluttered opened. I smiled as his gaze fell upon mine. He immediately sat up before clutching his head, squeezing his eyes shut. I eased him back onto the pillow, shooting him a stern look as I did so.

"I-I'm sorry. I must've fainted. Where's everyone else? Do we-"
"Riku, you did great during the concert. Get some rest. You're needed on a photoshoot soon."
"When?"
"Later."
"...it already started, didn't it?"
"They're delaying your shoot till last so don't worry."

He shut his eyes, pulling the blanket over his face. I frowned, worry etched onto my face as I lifted the cover to find him pouting. A small laugh escaped my mouth before I could stop myself.

"If you're okay now, we can leave if you want."
"Okay!"
"But promise me that you'll rest when you get back home."
"*sigh* Yes mum."
"Hmm, you're making me feel old."
"That's the point."
"Oh you!"

We both burst into laughter, forgetting our anxieties and concerns in that moment. I moved aside to let him get up before we both headed out the door and to his photoshoot.

A car honked behind us, making the both of jump out of our skin. I whisked around only to see my brother's ever-present smirk adorning his face. He waved a hand as a smile tugged at my lips.

"Come on, Riku."
"E-eh? Is he driving us?!" he asked, surprised.
"Apparently so."

I climbed into the passenger seat whilst Riku took the back. Gaku-nii sped off onto the road after I read the address to him. Soft jazz played in the background, buildings big and small turned into a blur.

I caught Riku's eye in the rear view mirror. His face mimicked that of a child getting a special treat for unintentionally doing something good. Gaku laughed once noticing the male's stature.

"Relax, I'm not gonna take you to some suspicious place," he exclaimed.
"Yeah, right. Sorry."
"Hey Gaku-nii?"
"What?"
"Did you only come to pick us up so you could see Tsumugi?"
"*blush* W-why the hell would you come up with such a stupid assumption?"
"You're blushing."
"It's just hot!"
"I feel fine though and I'm wearing more than you," Riku replied.
"Tch, now you two are just bullying."

~After their photoshoot~

Gaku-nii and I had waited near the back, hoping to go unnoticed as the photoshoot progressed. Tsumugi had graciously fetched a mask from her bag and given it to my brother, which he was most likely going to keep and not give back.

His eyes followed her wherever she went while mine occasionally shot a longing glance towards Iori. Naomi wasn't here. I cursed myself for feeling happy about that.

I pushed myself off the wall, nodding towards Tsumugi as she waved goodbye. My brother seemed to have other plans though. He walked towards her, managing to grab her attention by tugging at her hand.

"Let's go have dinner," he said simply.
"Huh?! Oi, did he just ask her out on a date?" Yamato asked quietly.
"Seems like it," replied Tamaki.
"No fair, stealing all the ladies for yourself," commented Nagi.
"Let's go."

A tomato red blush dusted Tsumugi's cheeks as she let Gaku-nii lead her to the carpark. A smirk appeared on my face as he walked past. He brushed it off as nothing but the slight twitch of his eye told me he had been affected.

I headed the opposite way, deciding to take the scenic walk back home. That was, until Tamaki stopped me in my tracks, and turned me around. He had already changed and was now dressed in a navy blue hoodie with ripped jeans.

"I want dinner," was all he said.
"*smiles* Alright, let's go then."
"So-chan, come on!"
"But Tamaki..."
"It's fine, Sogo. Where should we go?"
"Shibuya. Tonkotsu ramen," Tamaki replied.

Sogo let out a sigh. I smiled as we caught up to the tall male. His long strides were difficult to match up to as Sogo and I swiftly increased our pace. Tamaki's stomach growled like thunder on a stormy night before the two of us laughed our heads off.

Naomi's POV

"Shall we go get some dinner then?"
"Tamaki and Sogo went with (Y/n)," Riku exclaimed.
"Ne Iori, let's go on a date."
"H-huh?" His face flushed a bright red.
"Gaku-san went with Tsumugi so it should be fine if we go, right?"
"Y-yeah, I guess."
"Have fun. We'll just eat at home," said Yamato.
"Eh?! We're not going out?!" Nagi asked.
"No, now stop whining and come," Mitsuki replied sternly.

I bid them farewell before intertwining my fingers with Iori's. His grip tightened around mine, a small smile appearing on his face. My heart pounded ferociously, with intensity. I returned the gesture with an almost shy grin.

We walked to the bus stop, managing to catch our ride before it left. I leaned my head against his shoulder as a tingling warmth spread from my chest to the edge of my fingertips. I loved being in love.

"Hey Iori?"
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
"*blush* do you always have to catch me off guard like that?..."

I turned and planted a small kiss on his cheek. He simply squeezed my hand with his eyes never leaving the scenery outside. He was awkward when situations like this arose but I found that this only evoked my passionate love for the male.

"I wonder why (Y/n)'s closing herself off...I want to help her..."
"What was that?" he asked, seeming to have heard my slight mumbling.
"Nothing. Oh, this is our stop."

I pulled at his hand, leading him off the bus and onto the busy city street. People crowded the many roads and paths, leaving little to no room for walking but I didn't mind. The feeling of a night out in the city was something that I've come to love.

"Iori, where should we go?"

His attention was elsewhere, his gaze trailing after a girl outfitted in black skinny jeans, an army green cropped top, and a leather jacket. Her hair flowed gracefully in the soft breeze, her smile a display of charismatic charm and natural beauty. (Y/n)...huh?

"Iori?"
"Huh? You can decide. I'm fine with anything."

Was he really? Why...was he so enchanted by her? Perhaps it was just my imagination, or perhaps...it was my desperation making it seem like a fleeting moment of nothing important.