Chapter 88

(Y/n)'s POV

My eyes grew wide as they took in the unexpected scene before me. Isaac sported a victorious grin before hopping onto the elaborate stage now set up in the middle of the park.

I reached the bottom of the platform, various ideas forming in my head as I tried to accept the finality of the situation. Iori tugged at my hand and leaned in for a short kiss before disappearing behind the stage with everyone else.

"Isaac asked them to perform for Violet. That was the condition for bringing them here," said Gaku-nii.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"What would you have done if I did? ...we probably shouldn't stand here. He's already managed to get an audience."

I glanced behind and noticed that he was right. We were surrounded by fans, all excitedly conversing with each other. I instinctively grabbed Gaku-nii's hand, feeling his fingers tighten around mine.

We slowly made our way to the back of the area just as lights shone on the large, open platform. My eyes found Violet near the front, cheering happily with some friends.

IDOLiSH7 started off with 'Perfection Gimmick', earning a thundering round of applause. In the early afternoon, they performed their first concert overseas. A bubbling warmth rose in my chest as I saw them rise higher.

For once, I was a part of the audience. I wasn't backstage, which Isaac had decided to do, and I wasn't sorting through paperwork. For once, I was genuinely happy in this time of sorrow. Was mother seeing this now?

The fans' cheers increased in volume as IDOLiSH7's 'Mr Affection' came on. This was their most popular song as of late, and had caused an uproar with their supporters.

"We'd like to invite someone up on stage," Nagi exclaimed.
"Yaotome Gaku, come up here!" Yamato called.

My brother's eyes widened in shock. He immediately gestured for them to cut it out but they wouldn't have it. A laugh escaped my mouth as Tamaki jumped off stage, earning a few screams from fans and a sigh from Gaku-nii.

Once he reached us, I quickly slipped into the sea of people, allowing Tamaki to drag my brother on stage. Their fans started to chatter loudly amongst themselves, excitedly asking the two idols to notice them.

"So what song would you like IDOLiSH7 to sing with Gaku?" Isaac asked.
"Omg, it's IDOLiSH7, Trigger's Gaku and Isaac Anderson?! This is like a dream come true!"
"Sogo, look over here!"
"Riku, I'm your number one fan!"
"And which song would you like to request, miss?" Isaac asked his sister.
"...Let's do summer (natsu shiyouze)."

~Timeskip to after the concert~

Isaac and I took the lead as we made our way to a certain bar in a certain alley. The bar's owner knew Mr Anderson personally and his son and Isaac had been friends ever since.

Of course, I owed it to him that I could whisk a few drinks. My last visit to America...I spent a lot of time in this particular bar. It was now a place I treasured, along with my family.

"Hey Chris, you here?" asked Isaac.

A familiar face looked up from his phone. Sharp, green eyes and slicked brown hair. Violet and I waved. He stood up, pulling the two of us in for a quick hug.

"(Y/n), since when did you come back?" he asked.
"Not long ago. How's the bar been doing?"
"Great. Hey, is that your brother? The idol?"

I nodded and pulled him to stand beside me. Chris immediately shook his hand, announcing the fact that he had been a big fan of Trigger. A smile appeared on my face before I went to sit by one of the high stools.

The others followed, marvelling about the luxurious, modern aura of the place. Violet took the seat to my left whilst her brother translated all the eager questions Chris had for Gaku-nii.

"Hey Chris, can we make a drink?" she asked.
"Sure thing."

I headed behind and asked everyone their preferred beverages.

"Wait, in America, So-chan'll still be underage, right?" Tamaki asked.
"That's right."
"Man, it sure feels good to be the oldest," remarked Yamato.
"Yeah, old man," teased Mitsuki.
"Mikki, you're old too," joked Tamaki.
"Shut up!"
"Iori and I will have whatever you can make us," Riku replied happily.
"Alright."

I caught the black-haired male staring at me, before I stared back at him. A light blush coated his cheeks, making me smirk triumphantly. Violet let out an 'awww', causing him to sport a bright red face.

"I have pictures. Wanna see?" she asked cheekily.

Tenn's POV

Ryuu and I glanced at each other, not sure whether to open the door or not. Until Gaku came back, we were off work most days but since then, someone has been constantly stalking our dorms.

The pounding on the door only grew louder as time passed. An irritated sigh left my mouth as I reluctantly pried the front door open. Naomi stopped her raging session and adopted a nonchalant smile.

"I want to see (Y/n)," she said.
"Sorry, she's not here right now."
"Then where is she?"
"...I can't say."
"She must be home, right? Because if not here, she has nowhere else to go!"
"Listen, if you come back here one more time, I'm calling the police."
"B-but you can't do that!"
"I'm not all that angelic like everyone thinks I am."
"But (Y/n) wronged me!"

My eyes sharpened to slits. This girl had no idea what (Y/n) had been through. She knew no better than a mere stranger, and to think she was once a friend. I spoke up, my voice unusually cruel.

"Don't come back. This is the last time."
"She stole Iori from me..."

I closed the door, taking a big breath before going to slump onto the couch. Ryuu had quietly started to make lunch, filling the silence with the chopping of vegetables and sizzling of meat.

This was hard, but I couldn't tell (Y/n) or even Gaku. They already had enough to deal with. I had to handle this on my own...