Chapter 64

(Y/n)'s POV

Tenn had just finished his solo appearance on a variety show. While Anesagi was busy managing Gaku-nii and Ryuu's photoshoot, I had accompanied Tenn to his event, unwilling to let anything else distract me.

I was brought back to reality as his hand came to rest on my head. The warmth in his eyes melted away my worries as a soft smile tugged at his mouth. I quickly removed the anxiety from my features, easily melding it into a carefree nonchalance.

"You know, smiling suits you a lot more than worrying," he exclaimed.
"Same with you. Stop worrying about me already."
"...even if the whole world turns against you, I'll still be here."

Someone suddenly covered my eyes from behind. I felt shivers run down my spine as they whispered into my ear. Tamaki. Tsumugi mentioned that IDOLiSH7 would be accompanying Iori and Naomi as they appeared in a talk show regarding their new drama.

"Ne (Y/n)-chan, I'm sleepy," he said as his head came to rest on top of mine.
"Did you not have enough sleep last night?"
"He stayed up to binge-watch anime with Nagi," replied Mitsuki.
"Funny. I seem to recall him saying that he took extra good care of his skin."
"Yesterday was an exception," Nagi retorted.
"Sure it was."

Naomi waved happily as she walked by. I managed a small smile. She seemed more cheerful than usual today, making me try to guess the cause for her sudden uplift in spirit.

Iori managed a curt nod in my direction, walking to the stylists as they prepared him for the show. To anyone else, he looked normal but I knew better. He was avoiding me.

"Did something happen between those two?" Tenn asked, stealing the question from my lips.
"Yes and no," Yamato replied.
"Huh?"
"Naomi said that she was gonna ask Iori something. It's probably something good though because she seems happy. I guess Iori's a little anxious because he doesn't know what it's about."
"I see..."

Tamaki suddenly got a lot heavier than before, as I stumbled and stepped forward, catching his arms in order to steady him. Had he actually fallen asleep?! Geez... Thankfully, Yamato and Sogo took him off my back and carried him to a nearby bench.

"That guy can be a little too much sometimes," commented Yamato.
"Come on, Tamaki. Wake up," Sogo said as he poked his cheek.

I let out a laugh. For a moment, I could forget. As irresponsible as it sounded, I could forget about father. I could forget about Maru...but I couldn't forget Iori and Naomi's being together...

No one's POV

~Some time later~

The rest of IDOLiSH7 stood by to watch with (Y/n) and Tenn as Iori and Naomi joined the host in front of the cameras. Various questions were asked regarding the production of the drama, and their opinions about the plot.

"People have commented that you two seem really close. Are you two perhaps in a relationship?" asked the host.
"Actually, there's something I'd like to say regarding that," Naomi replied.
"Oh? What is it?"
"Iori, I really like you and I mean it. How...would you feel about...d-dating me?" she asked with a blush.

A blood red blush crept up his cheeks. Everyone turned to look at him, eagerly waiting for his answer. His mouth opened and closed as he tried to think of a plausible reply.

"...it'll be my pleasure," he exclaimed.

(Y/n) almost couldn't control the tears about to burst through her facade. Her nails dug into her skin as she watched serenely. The host had his mouth hanging wide open as the two confessed their feelings.

Mitsuki's eyes flickered worriedly over to (Y/n), who seemed as stoic as a statue. She knew Iori was intentionally avoiding her gaze and she remained content with that for now. Her chances were slim anyway.

"Oh my, isn't that a bold confession? I wonder how our fans are reacting to this," commented the host.
"Tenn, we better get going," said (Y/n).
"Where are you going?" Mitsuki asked.
"To Trigger's next job."
"...are you...are you okay?"
"Yeah, why do you ask?"
"It's just..."
"*smiles* Tell Iori and Naomi I said congratulations."

The silver-haired girl dipped her head as a small farewell before heading towards the exit, unaware that her heart's intended casted sidelong glances at her disappearing figure.

Tenn could only follow her, knowing that he shouldn't overstep his boundaries and remained by her side if she ever needed a confidant. Little did he know that her heart was bleeding tears of pain.

"Why don't we invite the rest of IDOLiSH7 on?"

The members followed their cue, their momentary worry for (Y/n) vanishing beneath a mask of nonchalant enjoyment as the cameras moved to pan in on their wide smiles. With the media as their only restraint, they began their show.

Meanwhile, Tenn and (Y/n) had arrived at the venue Gaku and Ryuu were having their photoshoot. As they were finishing up, (Y/n) happily greeted them, glad to be free of her heartbreak for the time being.

"How was the photoshoot?" (Y/n) asked.
"Geez, the director kept nagging at everyone. Annoying as hell," replied Gaku.
"Don't be like that. The photos came out great," said Ryuu.
"It's because he kept nagging that the photos were good," Anesagi commented.
"Are we done yet?" Gaku asked, gratefully accepting the bottle of water from his sister.
"No, all three of you have to go on a talk show in an hour," (Y/n) answered.
"Well then, let's go."

(Y/n)'s eyes sharpened as Tenn's gaze flashed a question. Should I tell them? His hand found her own, squeezing tight as if he could take on all her pain. She smiled apologetically before melding it into a casual grin as her brother glanced behind to look at her.

And so, they went on like that for the rest of the day, yet with every passing second, Gaku's anxiety only grew as he watched (Y/n) for the slightest changes. He had noticed all of them.