Chapter 105

(Y/n)'s POV

~ A few days later~

"Oi, did you actually think you could trick me with such an amateurish bluff?"
"I-I'm sorry! I was only following orders!" Kei (Yamato) exclaimed.
"Boys, get him. Make sure there're no traces left."
"Yes miss!" replied the extra.

Yamato, acting in his minor role, clung to my legs, throwing himself to the floor. I eased into a smirk as quick, desperate pleads escaped his mouth. His hands frantically clutched to my ripped jeans, his face a mirror of fear.

"Please, I'll do anything! D-don't kill me!" he begged.

A soft look shone through my eyes as I knelt down to his height, the weakness moulding into a steel resolve. He held his breath, the low buzzing of insects inhaling the silence of anticipation.

"...that's what my brother yelled when the gangs caught him stealing their food. They killed him...except he wasn't begging for his life. He was begging for mine. I became their lackey, working myself to the bone but you know what? I broke free. Too bad you can't do the same."
"...please..."
"Kill him."

The director gestured for the cut. He held a thumbs up, to which I let out a relieved sigh. This was our seventh take and it was a lie to say I wasn't getting tired of it. Yamato immediately slumped to the ground, clearly exhausted.

"Come on, you finished your part so at least look a little happy."
"Damn, this job really is serious," he exclaimed.
"Of course it is. What did you think it was?"
"I thought I'd just do it and get out of here as soon as possible..."
"He's a world famous director. His movies have to be perfect."
"Do you have any other scenes to do today?"
"No, that's it for the day. I have to go supervise Trigger's photoshoot though. Anesagi fell ill."
"And after that, do you still have to come see IDOLiSH7's variety show?"
"Tsumugi said she'd take care of that."
"I see. Anyway, you better get going to your next job."
"Alright, see you later."

I waved goodbye, accepting the clothes the staff handed to me. After getting changed, I headed to the bus stop a few minutes away. The station was empty as crisp leaves covered the floor, the wind pulling them into a dance.

The peace felt tranquil, the silence a warm comfort. Two strong arms suddenly wrapped around my body from behind, engulfing me in a familial scent. Iori leaned his head on my shoulder as I held his hands in my own.

"What are you doing here?"
"I wanted to see how your acting was going but my photoshoot with Nanase-san finished late. Nikaido-san told me you were heading for the bus stop," he replied quietly.
"I see...oh, the bus is here. Are you coming?"
"Do you want me to come?"
"What kind of a question is that?..."

He simply adorned a smirk, brushing a soft kiss against my cheek. We went on the vehicle, taking a seat near the back. I laid my head on his shoulder, closing my eyes for the short while we were travelling.

It wasn't long before Iori gently nudged me awake. I intertwined our fingers as we headed to the site where Trigger currently was. The building was innovative, it looked new and modern.

The various structures defied conventional appearances, adopting a subtly pleasing atmosphere. I felt a soft smile tug at my lips as we traversed this unique building.

The door slid open as we entered. We were met with loud voices arguing about certain styles and different looks and angles on the camera. I let go of Iori's hand and went to see the heated commotion.

"(Y/n), you're finally here! You tell him! This can't work!" Gaku-nii said, exasperated.
"What's going on?"
"They've totally changed the theme. This isn't what Trigger is used to doing," Tenn explained.
"I've been trying to get them to agree on one thing this whole time but nothing's working," said Ryuu.

The man in charge looked me over once before scoffing. The skeptical look in his eye told me he didn't trust me with this job. He didn't trust my experience with Trigger's reputation.

"And what's a rookie actress gonna do about it? Pretend to whine so that I'll agree just to shut you up?" he mocked.
"Oi, don't talk like that about her!" Gaku-nii growled.

Ryuu immediately placed a hand on his arm to stop him from punching the man. I quickly stepped in between them, hoping to settle this issue before it could get any worse.

"We'll see how much I can handle these boys. They're my responsibility, not yours. What's this new theme that you've suddenly decided by yourself?"
"Tch, we'll see, missy. It's a halloween-like vacation theme," he answered.
"Why's this a problem?" I asked Tenn.
"Well, the outfits he has planned are..."

He gestured to the concept ideas lying on the table. I looked at Gaku-nii's, scanning the fluffy fur meant to resemble a werewolf and began laughing against my better judgment. He simply grunted in annoyance.

"See what I mean? They're not..." Tenn started.
"Sir, I'd like to make a proposal. We'll keep your theme, but I'll decide the costumes and makeup."
"So what are you thinking of doing?"
"You'll see. Iori, come help."

Everyone turned to look at the male standing behind us.

"Huh? I didn't even notice you were here," said Ryuu.
"*sigh* I guess my presence is just that weak..." Iori exclaimed.

I pushed the members of Trigger towards the lines of clothing as Iori trailed slightly behind. Trigger emitted an aura of elegance and pop music combined into one concoction. Their outfits would need to invite a warming feel but still keep that seductive appeal.

"So what did you guys like to dress up as as kids?"
"What?" the three of them asked.
"Now's the chance to make your dreams come true."
"I've always thought Tenn'd look good as a zombie," Gaku-nii replied with a snicker.
"Oh yeah? I bet you'll look great as a mummy," Tenn argued.
"Oh! I can see that," Iori said.

Tenn and I started laughing, making the others break into smiles. They bantered softly as I ushered them to make up their minds. The rest of the afternoon passed without a hitch, our minds eased into a relaxed composure.