Chapter 8

(Y/n)'s POV

"Thank you so much for the meal."
"Wait, before you leave, take this to your brother. He hasn't eaten yet, has he?" Mitsuki asked.
"No but-"
"Don't worry, none of us are going to have these leftovers. Luckily there was enough to make a bento for him."
"Thank you."

I bowed, my silky hair framing my petite face. Lifting myself up, the others met my grateful grin with kind smiles. Turning the doorknob, my body clashed against a blast of cold wind.

Hurriedly tying my hair into a ponytail, I took the bento and headed outside. The rain had died down yet the vengeful wind had remained like a criminal unwilling to let go of its target.

"I'll see you guys later."
"Do you need a jacket? It's really cold," said Sogo.
"I came with something warm. No need to worry."

Before anyone could protest and point out the tenuity of my jacket, I flashed a quick smile and rushed off, waving as I went. A sigh escaped Iori's lips, clearing catching onto my reluctance to bother them any further.

Pulling my thin outer on tighter, I hurried to a nearby bus stop, clutching the bento in my hands. Rain painstakingly dripped down the shelter under which I stood. My heart beat in relief.

The bus arrived. I hopped on, taking a seat near the front and away from the suspicious man at the back. Looking out the 'water-webbed' window, I relaxed in my seat.

"Excuse me, miss. Do you know which stop is nearest to the airport?"

I almost jumped in my seat as the man towered over me.

"You'll have to change buses. This one doesn't go to the airport."
"Oh, I see."

He remained, neither moving away nor reaching forward like the hermit pervert he seemed to be. Casually eyeing the man, I acted nonchalant and dense, pretending to ignore the explicit danger that presented itself.

My phone rang, shattering the tense barrier he had set up in advance. Tenn's name came up on the screen as I answered the call, all the while surreptitiously keeping an eye on the man who still hadn't moved back.

"Hello?"
"(Y/n), is there a suspicious man with you?"
"Yeah, I'm on the bus right now."
"Try to stall him for as long as you can. Gaku and Ryuu are on their way. Get off at the next station."
"Is everything okay?"
"Remember how Gaku called you earlier? He told you to stay out of trouble and I knew you'd be able to guess that he got into a fight with the president."
"Is my brother okay?"
"Worry about yourself. Even I'm worried for your safety. Don't do anything reckless. Your father sent that man to mess with you. Just...don't hurt yourself."
"Okay, I'll see you soon."

Standing up, I pushed past the man, gripping the handle as I stood near the door. He followed me, standing a few inches too close. His hand gripped my shoulder as I eyed him.

Quickly grabbing his arm, I twisted it as he moved forward. Aiming an uppercut towards the guy, I managed to scrape his jaw before he pulled away, angrily spitting onto the ground.

"Mr Yaotome sent you, didn't he?"
"Why do you care who did? You look cute. I think I'll-"
"Do men like you honestly have no dignity at all?"
"You're just a naive little girl. You know nothing about this world."
"Oh really?"

The bus pulled to a stop. I took no chances and hopped off, the man following my every move. As I hastily walked back, I put on an arrogant smirk, no doubt misleading his view on my 'innocent' figure.

A low growl escaped his throat, mismatching the lustful look in his eyes. The wind whipped around us, the rain tapping lightly on our shoulders.

Warmth engulfed my body. I hid my surprise, my eyes glancing at the man who stood with his jacket over my cold body. Ryuu casually draped an arm over my shoulders, sending a warning glance towards the perpetrator.

I looked back and saw Gaku-nii punch the guy, wincing as I heard his muffled screams. Once inside the car, I couldn't contain my curiosity any longer.

"What's going on?"
"Your dad threatened Gaku. He said that if he didn't make you quit your other job then he'd mess around with you. Our manager found out what he was going to do so here we are," Ryuu replied.
"...I'm sorry..."

Gaku-nii slouched into the driver's seat. I grabbed his hands, frowning. Cuts lined his knuckles, his fingers scratched, scarce blood drying from the minor injuries.

"You went overboard."
"Tch."
"I'll speak to father. Don't-"
"This isn't your fault."

He clasped his hands over mine and smiled. I pushed the bento into his arms and returned his grin.

"From the new idol group I'm looking after."
"You really are something."
"Sorry Ryuu, there was only enough for one person."
"That's fine," he exclaimed.
"I'll make something at home."
"You do realise that you just got out of a dangerous situation, right?"
"Oh, I haven't forgotten. I'm going to have a word with my father tomorrow."

The two sighed, earning an annoyed glare from me.

~The next day~

"He's in a meeting right now!" Anesagi said, walking alongside me.
"Why should I care? He's my father, for goodness sake!"
"Even so, you know how-"

I opened the door without even knocking. Father raised his eyes from the document he was holding, along with the members of Re:vale. I marched right up to his desk, slamming my hands onto the polished wood, paying no mind to the others in the room.

"Don't threaten Gaku-nii again," I growled under my breath.
"Oh but it was your fault," he replied innocently.
"My fault? You really love putting the blame on others, don't you?"
"I am in an important meeting. Care to take your leave? We can settle this some other time."
"You can try to appeal to my manners but I know very well that you're just trying to avoid talking about it."
"Yaotome-san, is there a problem?" Yuki asked.
"No, sorry about this."

I glared at my father, clenching my fists.

"You and your brother have the same stubbornness, I tell you," commented Anesagi.
"Momose-san, Yukito-san, I'm terribly sorry for barging in here but there is something I must settle with him."
"And you are?" asked Yuki.
"(L/n) (Y/n), Trigger's assistant manager."
"Are you..."