Chapter 75

(Y/n)'s POV

The water gushing down my throat suddenly caught midway, making me cough involuntarily as my eyes darted to meet Gaku-nii's. His expression seemed to ask a nonchalant 'what' to which I returned with a glare.

"What?! You expect me to be the model in Ryuu's photoshoot?! It's a swimwear shoot."
"So what? Embarrassed? Come on, Ryuu's waiting."
"I've asked the director not to include your face. You're all set," exclaimed Tenn.
"I swear, you were both in on this, weren't you?"
"Who knows? The model just happened to be unavailable."
"Miss (L/n)? This way please," said a staff member.

Eyeing the two once more, I reluctantly followed the short female to the change rooms. Numerous bikini sets and one-pieces were laid out for me to wear. Another inaudible sigh left my lips as I was asked to put on a dark emerald green bikini.

Once I had grudgingly stepped out of the change rooms, makeup artists and stylists immediately set to work preparing me for the shoot. My hair was fashioned into loose waves cascading past my shoulders as the makeup remained light and natural.

A silver bracelet and matching necklace was added to my preparation before I was finally allowed to go. Ryuu was already in the middle of a solo shoot, which just seemed to be finishing.

His gaze widened as it slid to my 'revealing' outfit before an unavoidable blush coated his cheeks. I raised an eyebrow, with a hand on my hip and gestured towards his group members currently sporting irritating smirks.

"Let's just get this done and over with."
"Hmm, you're not quite as tall as I would have liked, but no matter. Now hurry up, we don't have all day," the director exclaimed as I was hurried to stand next to Ryuu.

Pushing the embarrassment aside, I did as I was told and scooted closer to the male. My hair naturally fell forward to conceal my face as I leaned on him with an arm on his own. He immediately pulled on a mask of professionalism as he cupped my face with one hand.

No one's POV

The members of IDOLiSH7 walked into the venue. Their eyes immediately slid to the photoshoot currently taking place before a dark blush dusted their cheeks. Ryuu and (Y/n) didn't seem to notice the arrival of their friends as they stood by to watch.

"That's...(Y/n), right?" Tamaki asked.
"Those poses are very provocative indeed," Nagi commented.
"She seems like a totally different person," added Sogo.
"Like a professional, right?" Gaku asked.

They jumped as he walked over, clearly not expecting her brother to show up so unexpectedly.

"I asked her to do it," he said.
"Why?" Yamato asked.
"To prove a point," Tenn answered from behind him.
"Come on, guys. We have to get ready for our photoshoot," Naomi hurried, although her gaze was on (Y/n), burning with jealousy yet mixed with guilt.

Ryuu and (Y/n) were allowed a break. She spotted some of the members walking away before going to the ones that stayed. Iori immediately averted his gaze, suddenly grateful that Naomi had left so that she wouldn't witness him getting flustered over another girl.

"Wait, hold it! Don't come any closer. Your presence is too overwhelming," Mitsuki exclaimed.

A staff member handed the girl a coat, which she happily accepted.

"(L/n)-san, someone's looking for you," called an intern.
"I'll talk to you guys later," she said apologetically.
"Iori thinks you're beautiful-" Nagi shouted before getting elbowed in the stomach.

The girl cracked a small smile before walking away to the back hallways of the area. Her father was waiting by the end, adorning an expensive cashmere coat, undoubtedly denoting his status.

She glared at him, choosing to stop a metre away from him. He smirked upon seeing her reaction before taking a few steps closer. She crossed her arms across her chest and turned to face him.

"What do you want, father?"
"I found out about you being in Ryuu's shoot," he replied, unnervingly calm.
"So what? Gonna threaten me again?"
"I'd like to use the word negotiate, daughter. Cut your ties with IDOLiSH7...if you don't want to see them hurt."
"They're strong enough to handle themselves."
"Oh really? I find that hard to believe."

He threw a couple of photographs at her feet as she looked down and barely managed to suppress a gasp. Photoshopped. But they would still damage their career nonetheless.

Yamato involved with gambling. Nagi from a foreign assassination organisation. Mitsuki and Iori players, womanisers. Sogo a rich heir abusing his power to buy drugs. Tamaki a high school delinquent with a criminal record. Last of all, Riku...a charismatic sociopathic murderer.

"What the hell are these?!"
"You saw them. People like unbelievable 'facts'. They'll believe the media no matter how much your friends plead innocence," he threatened darkly.
"You-"
"So? It took me a bit of time to decide which method was best. It seems that this one was perfect. I trust that we've come to an understanding?"
"...you're sick. How can you even call yourself a human?"

He reached out to slap her. She held her cheek with angry, violent intentions hiding behind her barely contained calmness.

"Did I ever? Oh and did I mention that I have spies watching Gaku?"
"...fine."
"Hmm?"
"Fine! We have a deal, father. But when I do 'break' ties with them, don't hurt them...I'm begging you."
"You have my word."

Her father turned around, a wickedly cruel smile plastered on his face as he left his daughter alone and took his leave. (Y/n) bit her lip, almost drawing blood in a struggle to hold back her tears.

Shaking, she picked up the wretched photographs and stuffed them in her coat pocket before hesitantly heading back to the others. Tamaki immediately waved her over.

"Hey (Y/n)," Riku greeted.
"What took you so long? I wanted to talk to you," Tamaki exclaimed.
"So who was it that wanted to talk to you?" asked Mitsuki.

The girl's heart broke apart, yet such pain was ignored. Her heart cried yet no one paid it any mind. She gathered up her measly courage and took on a stance belonging to that of a cruel daughter of a wealthy man.

"Pfft, what a joke. I can't believe you guys never realised. Did you actually consider us friends?"