Chapter 20

No one's POV

Riku and Iori had headed back to their dorms. Seven pairs of eyes were clued to the TV as Trigger and Re:vale gave a final bow in the middle of an overly crowded plaza, where guards were stationed at certain intervals to hold back the swarming fans.

"Well, this may be one of the biggest events of the century," Yamato exclaimed with some jest.
"Interacting with their fans on a live show to complete a mission...they sure do have great ideas," commented Sogo.
"We'll definitely reach that level," Mitsuki said determinedly.
"I can't believe (Y/n)-chan got to meet Momo. She's damn lucky," added Tamaki.
"Well, (Y/n)'s always got a lot up her sleeve," Nagi replied.
"How's that related to this?..."

Iori stayed silent, watching the five idols as they waved and greeted their fans. Two black vans waited by the road, where they began making their way towards. Both the groups' managers were waiting inside.

He caught a glimpse of her soft silver hair glowing in the sun, blinking a few times. The girl's ephemeral moment was gone. The male stared at the screen as if staring hard enough would be able to make her come back.

'Did I just imagine that? Or was she really...' he thought to himself.

Moments of their day out in Shibuya came rushing back to him as he reminisced the warmth of her hand against his; the way she had looked at him and the fleeting thought that he had to keep her in his arms.

"Oi Iori, what are you thinking about?" Riku asked.
"Nothing," came the brisk reply.

'Was he thinking about (Y/n)? He's been unusually quiet on the way home too. Does he...like her?' Riku thought.

(Y/n)'s POV

I looked out the window as various buildings flashed past, a happy smile gracing my face. Today's event was a major success and I was glad to have been a part of it.

"Oi, you're smiling like a weirdo," commented Gaku-nii.
"And you're related to this weirdo."
"Whatever."
"Next time, tell me about these things."
"Yeah yeah."
"But anyway, you guys did an amazing job!"
"Thanks (Y/n)," Tenn replied.
"(Y/n), call for you," Anesagi said.

I reached for the phone beside her, hesitantly answering the call from father.

"Hello?"
"Your behaviour was despicable. Hanging out with a group that hasn't even debuted? What were you thinking?" he scolded.
"Were you spying on me?"
"That's not the issue right now!"
"Of course it is! Do you not understand what privacy means?!"
"(Y/n), I am your father! I have a right to these things. Next time, please refrain from spending personal time with unimportant people."
"And who says I should listen to you?"
"I do! Now-"

Gaku-nii snatched the phone away from my hand and ended the call before chucking it back to the front seat. Before I could even gather up the time to ponder father's infuriating words, he pushed my head down onto his shoulder and placed a hand over my eyes.

"Get some sleep," was all he said.

I could tell that he was angry. I could tell that he hated our father. I could tell that...he was trying hard to not let it get to him...and all this caused my heart to ache painfully so. He didn't have to shoulder this alone...

Gaku's POV

A single tear slid down her cheek as her chest rose and fell in time to her steady breathing. Clenching a fist on my lap, I set my jaw, incredibly annoyed by the fact that our dad had shattered her happiness once more.

The light in her eyes had disappeared as soon as he spoke to her. What made him hate her so much? Why did he always treat her like this? No matter how much thought I gave it, I could never find a reasonable answer.

"Gaku, Tenn, Ryuu, you guys have the rest of the day off...although it's almost evening," exclaimed our manager.

Tenn took a sleeping (Y/n) into his arms, giving me a long look before taking her inside our dorms. Ryuu followed, clearly worried about the tension that had risen.

I climbed out after breathing a deep sigh and headed inside. Tenn's voice drenched the air as he sang a soft melody to soothe (Y/n)'s mind. Was she having a nightmare? I glanced inside her room only to find my suspicion proven.

"What do you want for dinner?" Ryuu asked as I went to grab a cup of water.
"Don't know, don't care."
"Then...I'll just make whatever."

My phone vibrated. Grudgingly reaching into my pocket to grab it, I found a text from an unknown number.

Unknown number: Is this Yaotome Gaku?

Me: Who the hell are you?

Unknown number: That's not a nice way to greet someone

Me: You didn't answer my question

Unknown number: It's Momo

Me: And how did you get my number?

Momo: I have my ways 😏

Me: Right...

Momo: You're related to (Y/n)-chan, aren't you?

Me: Is that all you wanted to ask? I'm gonna block you if you're here to make trouble

Momo: Eh?! That's not nice!

Me: I'm in a foul mood. Don't provoke me

Momo: Well, you and (Y/n) are really similar. Yuki said that you sound like you care a whole deal about her, so I've made the deduction that you're her brother :)

Me: You tell anyone and I'll cut all contact with you

Momo: My lips are sealed

Me: Was that all?

Momo: I want to talk to (Y/n)

Me: Sorry, some stuff happened

Momo: Oh...

Ugh, one problem after another. I leaned against the kitchen bench, staring at the ceiling as I calmed my thoughts. After such a successful show, one would think everyone'd be esteemed but...

"Hey Gaku, (Y/n)'s sleeping fine now," said Tenn.
"Oh."
"What? You seem even worse than before."
"That's very observant of you."
"Something happened, didn't it?"
"No."
"*sigh* Always with those short, abrupt answers..."
"Then you shouldn't have asked."

He gave me a glare before retreating to his room. Tch, way to ruin my mood even more.