Chapter 24

(Y/n)'s POV

The city bustled with life, and it was an understatement for me to say that the boys paid some attention to the myriad of stores and merchandise for sale.

Despite their trying to act calm, I knew what it was like to put on a facade. They were esteemed to have some of the day off to explore the city. My legs strode calmly in the hustle and bustle of the lively atmosphere as I let them decide where to go.

Tsumugi and I walked side by side behind everyone, a peaceful silence hanging between the two of us. A small smile played at my lips as I watched them converse with each other, an air of carefreeness surrounding them.

"(Y/n)?"

I turned around, sensing the world slow down around me. Going into default mode, I quickly smothered the alarm ringing in my ears, hammering at my heart, as I put on a practised smile.

He seemed to take the hint, his eyes showing but a brief stab of guilt as he realised who I was with. His mask hid the rest of his expression but I knew he had smoothed his face into a neutral smile.

"'(Y/n)'? How do you know Trigger's centre?" Yamato asked.
"Ah, (Y/n)-chan and I bumped into him one time during that one month we had off," Tamaki quickly replied.
"Yes, that's right. You two really helped me back then. Thank you for stopping the bus for me. It sure is a coincidence we're meeting each other like this," said Tenn.
"Yeah, I agree."
"Kujo-san, it's really a pleasure to meet you!" Sogo greeted, almost fainting from the encounter.
"The pleasure is mine."
"Tenn-nii..." Riku softly called out.

The cold look in Tenn's eyes sent chills down my spine as he stared at his brother. I knew some of the story but what Tenn didn't tell me was why. Why had he abandoned his family like that?

"I'm sorry, I have to go," he exclaimed.

Riku opened his mouth to speak but his brother had already brushed past, leaving a trail of ice behind him as he disappeared amongst the crowds.

The expression on Riku's face was pained, disbelief and sorrow for the brother who had rejected him. I placed a hand on his shoulder, hoping to drag him out of that endless pit of frustration and melancholy.

"You're welcome by the way," Tamaki whispered into my ear.

I smiled as he slipped away and began walking with the others. Riku suddenly grabbed my arm, his eyes still distant and slight glassy. Although I wanted to help, his family business was not something I could meddle with.

"Cheer up, Riku. I'm pretty sure he was just busy," Nagi said.
"Yeah, probably," the male replied softly.
"Come on, we're out here for a lunch (Y/n)'s treating us to. Let's have fun while we're here," Mitsuki added.
"Where do you guys want to go?"
"I want tonkotsu!"
"Sushi for me!"
"And I want-"
"Agree on something or else we're heading back."

They began discussing their options. I gave Riku a push, urging him out of his pained state of mind. He soon smiled before joining in. Iori slipped his hand over mine, a blush forming on his cheeks.

"You shouldn't space out like that," he scolded.

A spark of fire ignited where our skin touched. I allowed for this feeling to surface for a while longer. It felt good yet painful. He could make my heart pound like crazy, my cheeks blush like I'd run a marathon. But...I couldn't start anything.

He most likely thought of me as a business partner. I should suppress these growing feelings, I shouldn't indulge any longer. Yet...his actions weren't helping.

I immediately put on a friendly yet polite composure as soon as I felt myself fading into the desire to act like we were close friends. I felt...conflicted...

Tenn's POV

I twiddled the pen in my fingers, unable to make what happened disappear from my mind. What was I thinking? Calling her name like that in public...I couldn't be more of an idiot.

That also triggered the incident with Riku. He shouldn't be performing. He couldn't go on stage, not with his health. Why couldn't he see that? I had to make him understand...

"Oi, what the hell are you spacing out for?" Gaku asked.
"Nothing."
"As if it's nothing."
"It's none of your business."

Now that I thought about it, why did that king pudding guy help us? Did he perhaps...no, he couldn't have found out. But if he did, that would explain it. (Y/n) most likely told him to keep it a secret.

Gaku and I stole a glance at Ryuu, who was currently in the middle of a photoshoot. I immediately cracked a smile as Gaku burst into laughter once we noticed how the director had staged it.

We knew it was for an ad but one marketing eggplants for a supermarket? It'd make every woman swarm the place. Could he act any less serious when holding onto the eggplant like it was a prized possession?

"Good one, Ryuu," Gaku exclaimed as the tall male took a break.
"It wasn't like I wanted to do this," Ryuu muttered.
"Still, it's good advertising for the supermarket," I offered.
"They'll only buy them because of Ryuu," replied Gaku.
"Gaku, you're on next," said the director.

I leaned against the wall, watching as he prepared for his shoot. Ryuu stood beside me, his brows furrowed as if in deep thought.

"Something wrong?"
"I was just thinking how...nice it'd be if Gaku and (Y/n) had a photoshoot together..." he said, his voice barely audible.

That was right. (Y/n)'s dream was to become an actress but she had just as much talent with modelling as she did with acting. Certainly, she had some of her looks taken from her father but I wonder if her personality was more like her mother...just like her talent...