Chapter 29

(Y/n)'s POV

Gaku-nii opened the door, his eyes glancing over my flour-covered body before meeting Momo's gaze. His raised eyebrow asked a 'what did you guys do' question although I assumed that it hinted more towards a 'what did you do to my sister' type one.

"It was just a little prank gone wrong," Momo exclaimed.

Gaku-nii's stern frown suddenly turned into contagious laughter as he looked at me again.

"Laugh all you want, idiotic brother."
"Well, I'm gonna go home. Bye (Y/n)."
"Thanks for today, Momo."

He flashed a cheeky grin before shutting the door behind him. Gaku-nii followed me as I headed out of the foyer, a teasing smirk clearly drawn on his face.

Tenn and Ryuu were on the couch watching TV when I came in. Their eyes swept over to my ridiculous getup before a small chuckle escaped their lips. I rolled my eyes, letting them laugh at my appearance.

"What happened?" Tenn asked.
"Why don't you ask this brother of mine? You never told me Momo knew about this!"
"Did you like the surprise?" he asked, ignoring my annoyance.
"Fine, I won't argue with you."
"Why don't you go take a shower before you make even more of a mess here?"
"Don't worry, I'll clean it up," Ryuu offered.

Smiling gratefully, I went into my room and looked at myself in the mirror. This time, I couldn't blame them. I really did look funny. I began laughing, not able to hold it back.

Through the door, I heard Gaku-nii mutter 'she's gone mad' but I couldn't care less. Without wasting another second, I grabbed my pyjamas and went to the bathroom that was connected to my bedroom.

~A few days later~

These past few days, Tamaki and Sogo had received an abundance of fan mail, a lot more than the other members. I leaned my chin on my hand as Tsumugi talked to the two about an offer to go on a TV show.

Unease ate at my heart. Such a difference in their popularity was something I had failed to consider. This would undeniably affect their formation as a group. I needed to get my head together.

"Let's do it," exclaimed Tamaki.
"We can't. It's unfair to the others," Sogo reasoned.
"But I want to go on TV!"
"Even if it means leaving everyone else behind?!"
"Tch, if it comes to this then yeah!"
"Tamaki-kun, why can't you see the big picture here?!"
"And why can't you want something for yourself for once?! Stop thinking about what others want!"
"You should learn to be more selfless!"
"I don't need you to tell me what to do!"
"Stop arguing, both of you."

The two turned away from each other. Tsumugi frowned, worry visible on her face. A sigh left Sogo's lips before he exited the room, making Tamaki follow after him. The girl standing across from me opened her mouth to speak.

"I'm sorry, I never should've asked them like that..." she started.
"You were only doing what you thought best. I don't blame you."
"I'll go...tell the others but-"
"Yeah, I'll go look for them."

I opened the door, only to see everyone standing there with looks of disbelief. Flashing an apologetic yet polite smile, I quietly left the scene to go look for the two that had headed out.

Pushing past the doors at the entrance, my eyes searched both left and right but neither could be seen. I caught sight of Tamaki's back just as he rounded a far corner and disappeared from view.

I chased after the male, rounding the corner, seeing the two quite a bit down the street. Damn, they walked fast. As I took a step forward, a man stepped out of his car and approached the two, much to my dismay.

Father...he had made his move. Swallowing the bitterness in my mouth, I gathered up my courage and walked up to the three standing on the sidewalk. Father immediately smirked at my arrival.

"(Y/n), what are you doing here?" Sogo asked.
"We're going back. Well then, Mr Yaotome-"
"Not even staying to hear an old man's proposal?" he asked.
"Proposal?"
"Let's go talk somewhere else."

Hiding my anger behind a polite smile, I gestured towards a cafe not too far from where we stood. Sogo and Tamaki trailed behind, still stiff and annoyed at each other's differing opinions.

As we took a seat near the back, I waited for him to begin filling us in on the details of what I'd assumed to be an outrageous proposal. He seemed to gauge in my disapproval with pleasure as he smiled.

"I want to make these two an offer. Leave your current company and come work with mine. You can debut straight away," he exclaimed, straight to the point.
"What?" Tamaki said, slightly cautious.
"You'll be able to go on TV quite a lot. My company is very famous, as you all know. We have the necessary funding."
"Really? So-chan, I-"
"Thank you for the kind offer but I'd like to decline," Sogo answered.
"But-"
"No."
"Tamaki-kun, aren't you only doing this to find your sister?" asked father.

Sogo and I both turned to look at Tamaki, surprised. Was this why he wanted to go on TV so much?...

"She was adopted a few years ago, but I heard that her adoptive father's company went bankrupt. They'll soon force her to drop out of school. Instead, they'll make her work. How old is she now? Fifteen?"

Tamaki clenched his fists, his eyes flashing dangerously angry. I gripped his arm but he did not seem to know we were here. He...was tempted by father's words and was edging closer to the fire.

"We're leaving."

Sogo hesitantly agreed but his resolve was set. Tamaki refused, his gaze defiant. I shot him an irritated yet commanding look but he returned it with the same annoyance and anger.

"Why can't we join?" Tamaki asked.
"We can't leave everyone," Sogo said determinedly.
"Tamaki, we're leaving. You want to find your sister? Then I'll help you. You will debut soon. I'll make sure of it so stop acting like a child and get up."
"(Y/n), for how long are you going to defy this poor father of yours? I'm getting tired of taking care of a rebellious teenager," father announced.

I could feel Sogo and Tamaki's gazes on me, and there was nothing I could say to counter his statement. There was no backing out of this one.

"Mr Yaotome's...your father?"