Early Bird

Xavier
I woke up to someone moving around. I groaned.
"Go back to sleep."

"I just need to shower. You go back to sleep its only 8:15." I rolled over pulling the pillow over my face.
I woke back up to music playing. I looked at my phone it was 9:30. I guess I won't be sleeping in. I rolled out of bed not bothering to put on a shirt and went to the kitchen. She was in there with Rose. She was wearing a tank top with a light blue jacket over it and shorts. They were dancing around to Angel by Shaggy. I'd never seen Rose like this before.

Rose turned seeing me and froze. "Xavier."

Aubrey turned and smiled. "Hey!"

"Could you not just sleep in?'' I asked sitting down in my chair

"Its good for you to get up early" I rolled my eyes. "Want some coffee?"

"Yes, black" I watched her dance around the kitchen slightly spilling some coffee out of the mug. I shook my head, she was so strange. She continued to sing while making breakfast.

"Do you work today?" I asked.

"No. But I was wondering if I could go to my place."

I took a deep breath. "Why?"

"Cause the only clothes I have are shorts and low cut tops."

"Fine but I have to work today."

She turned to me looking surprised. "You work?"

"You think I'm just a biker?" She shrugged.

"I haven't ever heard of you working." I shrugged. "One of the others can take me." I thought about it, maybe Eric could. I knew he would be the most appropriate.

"I'll see." She made me a plate and then her own.

"How old are you? '' She blurted out.

"I'm 26. You?"

"23" She said. "What do you do? Work wise?" She asked as the front door opened. Suddenly Eric appeared with his kids. I sighed frustrated.

"Hey, sorry. Hannah is sick and I was going to see if Rose could watch them until I get out of my meeting. I can't miss it I don't have to go in until eleven."

"Hey." The oldest boy said running over to Aubrey. Her face lite up.

"Hey Jaden!" She grabbed him and pulled him into her arms. Me and Eric started confused.

"Umm?" Eric looked at her.

"Oh, hey, sorry Jaden is my buddy." She said ruffling the kids hair.

"She is the coffee shop lady." Jaden said.

"Oh, you are the one who gives him free cookies."

"Guilty." The older kid ran to see Rose and she stood and went to Eric and reached for the one in his arms.
"And this one is my smiley baby." She cooed. I rolled my eyes.

"I have a feeling they will be fine here." I said to Eric.

"Y'all want breakfast? " Aubrey asked Eric and Jaden.

"Yes," She made them both plates while never letting go of the small child. After she made them food she sat beside Jaden with the baby on her lap and made sure they both ate.

"I was going to have you take her to her place later but I may have her wait till tomorrow." I said to Eric. Aubrey didn't seem to hear us.

"One of the others will take her." Eric said stuffing toast in his mouth.

"No, not after yesterday. Apparently some of them have no self control."

"I heard, but Jason has always been an idiot. He thinks girls love him." I watched her with the kids. "Will they be okay?" He asked. "I wouldn't have brought them unless it was necessary." I knew he wouldn't have. He doesn't like them around me, though he has never said so to my face.

"I'm more worried you'll never get them back." He smiled.

"She is something. I heard she deals with your ass pretty well. You haven't scared her off yet." He chuckled. I grunted.

"Don't you have a meeting to get too."

"I'm just saying she may be..."

"Don't. Don't start that shit." I knew where he was going with this. He's been telling me forever I needed to settle down and the last thing I wanted was some annoyingly, overly nice girl hanging around me all the damn time. "When she is safe she is leaving and never coming back here" I snapped. "I got shit to do."