Glowing

Aubrey

I had a great day. Everyone seemed to be in a good mood and I was happier then I could ever remember being. Mrs. West seemed to notice and smiled as we iced some cakes for the display.

"You're glowing, sweetheart." I smiled over at her. "It's him, isn't it? You love him." She didn't sound as worried as usual.

"I'm just happy."

"You know I'm the first to say stay away from him but maybe there is some redeeming quality in him if he was able to win such a sweet girl." She said patting my cheek. I beamed down at her happy she wasn't talking him down. "And I will admit, he is on his best behavior while in here."

My shift ended at seven and when I walked into the doors Xavier was right there.

"Hi" I smiled as he pulled me into his arms.

"Anything?" He asked the guys behind me.

"Not a peep." Chase assured him. He nodded satisfied with that. I went to the kitchen, which held more guys then this morning, and most who's names I still didn't know. I felt them all tense when Xavier walked in behind me.

"Are y'all going out tonight?" I asked him ignoring the others.

"Yeah." After seeing that girl come in the coffee shop I didn't like the idea but I didn't say anything. He wrapped his arms around my waist. "I won't be out long thought and I'm leaving Eric with you tonight so you have someone to watch you."

"Another babysitter? I don't think they will try anything when I'm here."

"Not a risk I'm willing to take."