Shots Fired

These chapters need heavy editing please read and let me know what you think so far!!!

                                  Aubrey

The last thing I expected was to go to work and see my family. I was in the back with Xavier when the counter bell rang. I went to take whoever's order and saw my sister standing with a man.

"Ashley?" She looked over me and I could practically hear her judging me.

"This is what you moved for?"

"What are you doing here?" I asked ignoring her comment.

"You wouldn't answer the phone and mom and dad were worried, looks like for good reason." She flipped her perfectly curled blonde hair.

"Are they here?"

"Yeah they're parking. Look they want you to come with us they are going to try and beat around the bush but..."

"Hello darling!" I looked past Ashley to see my parents. I walked around the counter to hug them.

"Hey mom, hey dad." Mom looked over the place.

"This is...cozy, very quaint." She said forcing a smile. "So you work here?" I nodded walking back to the other side of the counter. "Well when are you off we want you to show us around. I'd love to see your place!" She said too enthusiastic about it. I knew she was faking the pleasantries.

"I get off in about half an hour but umm.." I looked behind me. Xavier would never let me out of his sight and I didn't know how they'd get along.

"But what? We drove hours to see you." My dad spoke up his voice demanding as always.

"Yeah, I know I just was..."

"Angel," I turned to see Xavier looking at me questioningly. Great.

"Aubrey, who is this?" My dad asked sternly. Xavier glared at him moving closer to me.

"Dad, this is Xavier. Xavier this is my dad,mom, sister Ashley, and..." I pointed to the boy with her but didn't know him.

"Oh this is...um...Bryson." My sister said looking at Xavier in a daze.

"Who exactly are you?" My mom asked. I noticed Mr. West coming in to take over the shop.

"Look I'm about to clock out then we can go...catch up." I turned and headed towards the back pulling Xavier with me.

"Angel, are you okay?"

"Um." I wasn't sure how to answer. I was just caught off guard.

"It's just your parents. Why do they stress you out so much?" Xavier asked moving my hair out of my face. I sighed.

"You're right. I'm being ridiculous." I talked to Mr. West asking if I could clock out early. He was fine with it. I walked to the front where my parents waited.

"So, um, what do y'all want to do?" I asked them. They all were staring at Xavier behind me. My dad was glaring at him, my mom looked concerned and my sister look intrigued.

"Why don't you show us your place? I'm sure you want to change anyways, and a little makeup wouldn't kill you." My mom said looking over me. I looked down suddenly, feeling self conscience.

"Um, actually my stuff isn't at my house it's at his." I nodded towards Xavier. "But if you'd still like to see..."

"You are living with a man you haven't even known... six months?" My dad asked disapproving. My mom put a hand on his shoulder.