Breaking Down Walls

Aubrey

I sat on the bed furious. How dare he?! First he just kisses me like he has the right, and then yells at me! Does he not get that everything he said last night hurt me! Then he locks me in here with a freaking prison guard at the door. I was in there for almost three hours before the door opened. I looked up to see him. I glared at him. He ignored me and took his shirt off and then walked over to the bed. I forced myself to ignore the abs and tattoos.

"I want my own room." I demanded. He let out a loud sigh.

"No."

"Yes!"

"I said no!" He raised his voice. "You are staying with me, get used to it."

"No! Not after last night. Not after everything you said."

"Look, last night...I was drunk I had just gotten into a fight. Get over it. I was just in a bad mood."

"Let me stay with Clutch then." He whipped around.

"What the fuck did you just say!" He yelled but I was too angry to care. "You are never staying with any of the others ever again! Do you understand!"

"You don't own me!" I yelled back. "You hurt me! The things you said... and then you kiss me and start yelling again." He ran his hands over his face. "You said you didn't care, so let me go. Let me take my chances."

"I'm sorry okay!" He yelled. I stopped. He let out a deep breath. "I didn't mean it. This... you...you come out of nowhere, and so suddenly... Then you were in danger and I had to protect you. Not because I didn't want the blame but because when he threatened you I snapped. I don't know why I give a shit what happens to you, but I do, and I get that you hate me, everyone does, but you are not leaving. You are staying here. I need you safe. I don't understand why and it frustrates the hell out of me. Maybe it is because you treat me different, maybe you just fascinate me, maybe I'm fucking losing it but until I know you are safe, you are staying!" When he finished he looked at me daring me to refuse. I leaned up on my knees.

"Well I care about you!" He looked taken back like he wasn't expecting it. "I do and I don't care if you know it. The day you came to the shop alone and we talked I knew you could easily be someone I cared for. You were easy to talk to, you were an ass, but you amused me. The day I woke up here after being attacked and saw you, I felt safer then I ever had. I trusted you no matter what everyone said about you. Even after you hurt me, I still trusted you. And I don't hate you, I was hurt. I never wanted to seem like a burden to you. You confused me, you want to protect me, but then you say I frustrate you. I don't know what to do here! I tried to give you space but nothing I did was right! What do you want me to do?!" He sighed moving closer to me and taking my face in his hands.

"Stay here with me." He whispered. "I know I am probably the hardest person to get along with but I don't want you to leave."

"Can you just not keep saying you don't care about me in front of me at least?" His forehead creased.

"I won't say it anymore."

The next day was better. He didn't act like I was a bother, he actually stayed pretty close to me during the day. I didn't have work so Xavier ended up driving me to my apartment to get some real clothes. We didn't take the bike though, he also had a sports car in the small garage beside his house.

On the way up to my floor, we passed Mrs. Betty who gasped seeing Xavier and dropped her groceries. I stopped and bent over to help her get her things. She bent down and quietly whispered.

"Do you need me to call someone, dear?" Glancing over at Xavier who was standing to the side waiting.

"It's okay." I finished helping her and went back over to Xavier. He gave me a look. "What?"