Aftermath

Aubrey

He put his head on my lap not looking at me. I leaned down hugging him with my free hand as the doctor finished cleaning and wrapping it up. After a moment the door flew open causing us all to jump. Xavier quickly move in front of me his whole body stiff like he was expecting a threat. It was just Blade, Eric and Ace. Eric came over towards me but Xavier wouldn't let him past him. He seemed to be having a stare off with Xavier.

"You and Clutch were supposed to protect her." Xavier's voice was low, murderous like it had been when he found me.

"Xavier, I am so sorry. I had no idea they even got her. We had no idea she had even left the building."

"With your life,"

"Wh-" Xavier's hand shot out grabbing Eric by the throat.

"You said you would protect her with your life!" I jumped up pushing to get in front of Xavier.

"Stop it! Xavier, let him go!" He didn't even look at me. His deadly eyes fixed on Eric who pulled desperately at his hand. "Xavier! Please don't do this! You don't have to do this! You are better than that!" Something flashed in his eyes and he threw Eric back into Clutch who grabbed him. I turned to see Eric was fine and then looked back at Xavier. I reached up placing my hands on his face gently. There was blood on his face but I wasn't sure if it was his. He looked down at me his eyes were dark.

"I am okay now, thanks to you."

"They hurt you." He said through gritted teeth.

"I'm here now. We're okay now." I wrapped my arms around him he sighed before doing the same. I felt something warm on my face I leaned back and realized there was blood coming from his chest.
"Your hurt."

"It's nothing, Angel." I turned to the doctor who was already getting out fresh gauze. "I'm fine."

"If it was the same knife used on her you need it cleaned. Her arm was getting irritated fast."

"It was a rusty old knife." I muttered to the doctor. I turned to Xavier. "Let him clean it, please." He sighed, pulling off his shirt and sitting on the couch. The cut stretched from his ribs to his hip bone. I sat on the couch while the doctor cleaned it up. Clutch came to the other side of me.

"Aubrey, I am so-"

"Stop." I looked at him as he eyed my arm. "It wasn't your fault I shouldn't have left the building without saying anything. I just forget sometimes that there is danger. I feel so safe with y'all." He gave me a sad smile before wrapping his arms around me. I leaned into him. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I realized that Clutch had become like a brother to me.

Xavier

"So, is there anything else I can do?" The doctor asked as he finished.

"Ace will drive you home, but first I would like to talk to you." I nodded for him to follow me back to my office shutting the door behind us. I could tell he was nervous but I ignored it. "I would like for this to stay quiet, the last thing I want are the cops involved, do you understand?" He nodded. "Good." I took  a small stack of hundreds from my drawer and held it out to him. "For coming," I explained at the look on his face. "And any inconvenience." He took it and stared at it as he spoke.

"I am sorry." He started and I wasn't sure what he meant. "For what happened, it is clear you care for her and I know that wasn't easy on you." He glanced up at me. I nodded not sure how to respond. "Take my cell number in case you ever need anything, it won't go through the office or the hospital and I can help in private." He wrote down his number and I took it.

"Thank you." He nodded and stood before I lead him out. After he left, I went back to Aubrey's side. She was laid back on the couch beside Clutch sleeping. I sat beside her, pulling her towards me. Blade sat down across the room.

"You did quite a number on that one, you stealing my killing methods now?" He smirked.

"Did you set the scene?"

"Yeah, you made it a bit hard with the mess though." He leaned forward looking at Aubrey. "What did they do?" He asked serious now. I ground my teeth together seeing my name carved into her arm made me feel as if I had personally done it. I pulled her closer to me breathing her in. I heard Clutch explain quickly what happened. As he did, I felt that familiar sense of self hate. I should leave her, I should let her go live a safe happy life far away from me. I was the reason she'd been hurt tonight. I was the reason she was covered in blood and crying in pain. I got up slowly laying her down on the couch before pulling the blanket from the headrest over her.

"Stay with her, both of you." They nodded and I walked out of the room and went upstairs.