Eric

Xavier

I never thought I'd agree to a security run. It was completely against everything I'd always done. But with Aubrey standing there I was reminded that I wanted to be better and then I thought about my dad. I never thought of him as weak or a pushover, cause he wasn't but he still managed to use this club for a purpose. Maybe it was time I tried it too. I wasn't going to do it for nothing though and I wasn't about to become some damn hero.

On Tuesday, that man, William, called to make sure we were still in. We were meeting at nine. Eric was very enthusiastic about this arrangement and was determined to go. I pulled a few others, Ace, Blade, Zander, and Seth (a younger member). This would be the first night I'd left Aubrey since that night and I wasn't thrilled about that. I left Chase and Clutch with her this time. I still didn't trust Clutch but she insisted that that night was her fault and she wouldn't leave their sight again. At least she wasn't working tonight. The run went very smooth. I didn't understand what Eric was so happy about. As soon as the other saw our bikes they kept riding we stayed until the delivery was over then left.

"Your dad would have been proud of you." Eric said sitting across from me in the kitchen when we got home.

"We didn't do anything." He shrugged.

"Some runs were like that. Most people, especially bikers, knew us and knew not to start anything. They are probably even more cautious now."

"You like doing that, the runs?" He nodded smiling slightly. "Look, I have enough going on with Aubrey, the Night Riders and trying to keep up with work, but if you want and you have time, I think you should be in charge of the runs." He looked shocked. "I don't have the experience you do and I trust you not to do anything too stupid." He chuckled.

"I'd really appreciate it, man, thanks."

"If it's ever anything major I do want you to let me know."

"Deal," I guess the club was back in the security business.