Winter

Sitting on the sofa, Winter's icy blue eyes focused on the fireplace, her eyes watching as the scarlet flames licked the air and danced around creation patterns and images.

She wasn't one for the whole prophecies and future prediction things, but she loved watching the flames.

It was calming

Next to her, curled up in a ball of grey and white fluff, was a husky with mismatching blue and grey eyes, and curled up in the fluff was a patch of ginger from her beautiful, yet lazy, blue eyed cat.

Her 'armour' was kept at the pizzeria hidden in one of the empty oil drums where it would be protected from rain and other things.

Letting out a soft sigh, she pulled the blanket over her body and rested her head against the pillows, her eyes nerve leaving the fireplace as the flames slowly shrank and soon withered away into smoke that reached up the chimney and into the night sky.

By this point the cat was now on her side while the husky had crawled into her arms for her to hold close. "Goodnight Judith. Night Lucky... Night James."

Switching off the lamp she snuggled closer into Lucky's fur and closed her eyes falling into an endless dream where she would remember nothing of when she woke.

The same dream where she lost her family and friends.

Like she always had

¤ • ° • ¤

A/n- Working on Chapter 29. Just thought I'd give you all a mini break since we all know this book needs to end soon. Don't worry I'll try make another one after this!