chp 5

(not edited)

“I got a call from my dad, asking me to come back home. He has a business trip to New York, and wanted to meet me before he could leave." I was explaining what actually happened. Nik wanted to know if everything was alright. He is still little stressed about Niki.

He being the only family for her in this house didn't ease it. It was five years back,when Niki's parents decided that they need to take care of there business at native place. They wanted to take both Niki and Nik with them, but Nik refused. He said he will stay here only and will take care of his sister. His parents even tried to convince him,but he was amended not to go with them.

And the reason he was not going was Niki. Only I know the reason behind his decision. Niki get uncomfortable with the change of environment and people around her. After being so long here, she is still introvert. She don't let people enter in her life easily. It takes lots for a person to make her talk.

Even in the college,she would either talk with our group or teacher; that too if necessary.

So you know now, how difficult is it for Nik to see his sister falling unconscious.

"I was about to come back soon, but before I could go, Niki fainted. I didn't knew what to do so I called doctor and rest you know." I explained and sat on the sofa. Nik sat beside me with two can of Sprite and signed. He gave me one and after taking a sip he asked "She will be alright, right?"

"Of course, dude. She is a tough one. Remember how she injured me with a little pen of her! She will be alright." I assured myself more than him, and drank the Sprite in my hand.

"Hmm. What did doctor said? When is going to wake up?"  Nik asked gulping down the whole can.

"He said may be in hour and so." I replied finishing mine too.

*

“agrhhh!!! Why I can’t remember anything.” I heard her voice loud enough to pull myself out of the slumber.

I stood up immediately, I noticed Nik too got up with me. Nik immediately took her in his arm, happy that she was awake. I followed him and hugged both of them, making a group hug.

“guys, I can’t breath..” Niki's voice hardly came out but we immediately lossed the grip and she inhaled deeply.

“Are you ok? Do you want something? Tell me how are you feeling?” Nik asked which were the same repeated by me. I am just so happy to see her.

“I am fine, just a mild headache. By the way what are you two doing here?” she replied looking at us “and Karan I think you must be at your home right?” this time she asked me pointing her finger towards me.

I explained her what happened I don't think she remembers it clearly. But still.

“you can go home Karan, I am fine now. Take rest. We have college tomorrow. Did you both ate something? Please tell me you didn’t as I am starving and I need food, and a diarymilk for desert!” She bombarded us with her questions  chipered at the last part as  she finished.

Surely she is one of her kind.

“keep quite. Doctor told you to take rest. Yep we have food for you.” Nik spoke and started moving towards kitchen leaving me alone with Niki looking at me Strangely.

“thinking about something?” She asked breaking the silence.

“you.” I whispered but thanks to her elephant ears she heard it.

“thinking about me? Wow!” She exclaimed.

“no” I immediately reacted “I was thinking about nothing.” I said nodding my head sideways.

She pouted, I tell you it more tempting  me to feel her lips for once.

Before I could do something, I would regret, Nik came back with food. Thank God!...I mean thank Nik!

"Ok, bye. Take rest. Meet you tommorow." I waved both of them and moved out

My mobile phone rang, I opened it to see messages from my dad.

Well I guess I am in problem now.

I reached home and saw Kamala aunty, waiting for me.

"Karan baba , shaheb was really angry with you. He waited long." She said as soon as I reached inside.

"Hmm. Did he left something for me again?" I asked her. My dad would surely leave something for me if i couldn't meet him before he go.

"Yes, baba, He said to find it in your room. " She replied and as I was about to take a step she asked "Do you something to eat? I will prepare it for you."

"No, aunty. I already had my dinner. Don't worry. And yes don't forget to take your medicine before you sleep. You forgot them yesterday." I reminded her.

She is here from the time I was ten. She was in her mid forties that time. She is really very caring. Her husband died when she was thirty five. After that she was only bread winner of the family. Her daughter-sapna- was just five year old.

When she asked for the job, mom said she would like to pay for the education of her child.

Sapna being a bright student got the scholarship. She is now studying in hostel.

After my mom's death, Kamala aunty really supported me. And I am glad for it.

I entered my room and saw a envelope, lying in the bed.

I opened it and what I saw totally shoked me.

How can dad do this?

________________________________

Hey, long time no see huh?

Well, next update on Sunday! Promise!

Till then miss me 😉😉