chp 14 "it's a goodbye!" part 1

I couldn't even say how the days have passed. The day I dreaded to face was rising now, spreading its light, illuminating the whole room. I couldn't even stop the tickling second on the wall clock.

It was graduation day, finally. Exams were over and it is last day I could spend with my friends, my house and my Niki.

Dad's deadline for my decision was today, and I have to admit that, I have to go with him. Kamala Aunty said that he must have his own reason for asking me this after so many years. But I couldn't shake off the feeling. I decided to talk with Dad. But I should be prepared for the worst.

When I came down, Dad was already sitting there in his business suit. Looking perfect.

"Good morning, Dad." I wished sitting on the chair beside him.

"Good morning, Karan. So, are you ready? I have booked our tickets and even found out the best colleges in New York." He sounded happy, and I couldn't bring myself to say anything. It felt hard to break his heart. "Let's eat breakfast."

We ate breakfast and I made my way towards college. Niki, Tina, Neerali, Nik, Ria and Ram were sitting at fourth row waiting for names to be announced. Niki looked quite excited about it. Her eyes twinkling. I smiled at her.

"Nikita Joshi" The announcer called out. Niki jumped in excitement just to go on stage. She looked happy while receiving the degree.

"Karan Singh Rajput" it was now my turn Niki turned towards me giving me a big smile and I went to take the degree.

Names were again announced and one by one all went on the stage.

"Ram Rathod." That name caught my attention.

Ram, that boy! He was after Neerali. Now I get it why he always followed Niki, cause Neerali was always with her.

"Happy for you Neerali" Niki screamed at their direction and she shyed away.

And believe it or not, Niki played the cupid for them. She never fails to suprise me.

After the party got over and getting tons of pictures, at last we made our way to home.

Nik bought the car from parking and we sat in with me sitting at backseat with Niki. Tina was sitting with Nik in front.

I glanced at Niki, without blinking. It was not like I never seen her like that but today it was different. May be it was last time I'm seeing her. Can I see her again having those pouty lips. Her innocent eyes.

Niki waved her hands in front to me bringing me back to reality and j blinked.

"Are you ok?" Niki asked looking confused. He eyebrows creased a little.

"Yeah totally" I replied with a broad smile. Just for her. Only her. I don't to ruin her day. But I know, I have to. But if I could delay it, then why not.

"so what's today's plan?" Niki asked clapping her hands.

"Tina and me are going to watch a movie if you both are interested you can join us." Nik replied still watching the road.

"Na" Niki and I said in unison. I don't want to watch film and waste my time I have with Niki .

"Ok, then we will drop you home and then we will be going. Ok?" he suggested and we nodded. Tina argued a little to come along but Niki said she don't want to the third wheel between them and I couldn't agree more.

Soon we were at Niki's house, Nik stopped the car and I and Niki came out of the car and Nik left us saying a final good bye. Ah, how easy is for him to say that.

We went inside Niki immediately went to kitchen came back with two bowl full popcorn and passing one to me.

We sat on the sofa oppsosite to television set and rested our feet on the coffee table in front of us. We looked each other for about five second and said "popcorn race" in unison.

I was about to finish it.

"Stop" Niki said in middle of the race, and I immediately stopped mirroring her reaction.

"what?" I asked her with mouth full of popcorn.

"If we will eat this all then what we are going to eat while watching movie?" Niki shifted her bowl to the table and went to the T.V set and using my penderive she choose the movie we want to watch.

Please I don't want to watch movies when I could spend day with her.

"if you wanted to watch the movie you could have gone with Nik and tina." I said but she was busy adjusting the appliance and 100% failing in it.

"hmmm..i don't wanted to go with them." She replied.

"why?" I asked again while chewing the popcorn.

"Because I wanted to be with you!" She said like stating the obvious and within a second her eyes went wide on realization.

"I-I mean I wanted to leave those two love birds alone." She covered her statement with lie. I couldn't help but smile at that statement.

"thanks" I wisphered, which I was sure she heard, but didn't replied. I was greatful. After sometime when she made sure that the TV was set she got up from there.

She spotted her seat next to me again and started the movie. As the name appeared on the screen I let out the grunt. Every time, everytime she picks this movie. I think she does to annoy me.

"Not again. I am now tired of this animation movie." I complained with an irritated voice.

"But I love this movie, Really! This is one of the things that make me feel happy" She beamed out with lopsided smile.

"But we are not watching film." I said and took the remote from her hands. She was about to protest but I took her small hand in my big one and looked at her.

There was silence, a silence which was called pin drop silence. I couldn't stop myself looking at her, like I was memorizing her every detail. Every creasing of eyebrows, every spek of her eyes, every curve of her lips. The little bangs that tickled her forehead. Her long eyelashs that she don't think are long.

"What happened?" Words rolled out of her mouth. The most dreaded question, whose answer I didn't want to give. But I had too. It getting late already.

"I am leaving, Niki." were the words were out of my mouth before I could stop them. I felt her shaking. There was something in my voice that made it clear that what I told was something serious.

"what do you mean by leaving? We decided to watch movie right?" She wanted to play dumb. She knew it was not what I said was not about it. Her eyes showed the little fear.

"I am not talking about going home," there was a long pause.

" I am leaving for New York" And she went still looking shocked. Her lips parted a little and her eyes widened. It was like she finally understood what I was saying. She slowly pulled out her hands that were in my hands and shook her head repeating only one line.

"It's just a dream Niki. It's just a dream."

I knew it's going to very hard, but now it's getting harder to say goodbye.

Uff!

__________________________________

Hey guys!
At last the turning point is here! Most important part is here!

Will update soon!

Till then Miss me 😉😉