Chp 21 Let's live again.

(not edited)

Don't say ...don't say anything. Don't come near me. Don't spoil my plan.

Nitin was quite near me. His eyes now looking me with questioning look. He took another step towards me. Tina, Nik, and all looking at the scene carefully.

"Ronit uncle!" Nitin cheered and quickly hugged his legs. Ronit smiled and bend down to pick the little boy and kissed his cheek. That was the time I noticed that I was standing right behind Ronit. God , thank god!

"Nitin, where is your favourite car, huh? Don't you wanna play with that. I will come to room to play with you. Ok."

And Nitin got back on his foot going back to his room without batting a eye to me. That's a relief.

Now, let's put the plan in action. I turned my eye to Ronit and he nodded.

He went to Niki and then took her hand in his.
"Niki, it has been at most three years we know each other, right." Ronit said and Niki looked at him like he is an alien that too with two head and four eyes. She raised her eyebrows not understanding what was happening. Nik was least interested while Tina was looking at them with her one hand on the dining table while other she used as a stand to support her chin.

"Yes, but why are you suddenly asking me this. Look what ever you wanna know we can discuss it later, right now I have to be going." She tried to pull her hand back from him but was unsuccessful as he had his tight grip with his hand.

She turned to look at me still trying to free her hand from him, but again her eyes was back on Ronit as he with other hand cupped her cheek and made her look at him.

"Niki, what I'm trying to say is..is.." Ronit's hand that were now touching her got her attention. "All this years that we have shared with each other, all those Happy movements, all those stupid jokes about why my eyes are so blue..." I wasn't listening more but staring how he was now creasing her cheek slowly. Niki was looking at him, not looking but staring.

Ok, that was my plan surely but right now I'm quietly doubting my plan.  But it's just a play you wanted him to act. Just relax. I assured myself.

Now the next step of act, "Niki" I called her softly and quickly her head jerked towards where I was standing. I slowly took my step my foot back towards the entrance of the house.

"Karan, where are you going?" Niki asked trying to reach me but as I told Ronit he was doing his best job. And in some movement I thought he was not actually acting, can he?

"You found your love, isn't it? So Dad was right, love fades with time, huh?" I was trying my best to get the hurt expression on my face.

"No, Karan listen..." She began to move step by step ahead and I step backwards.

I reached the main door and then turned around moving outside. I could listen her footsteps catching mine but I was moving faster, but in due time she was in front of me spreading her hands in front of me stopping me to move further. She was panting due to moving fast.

"Karan, it's not like that what to saw. I don't love him, you know that..just listen.."

"Of course, it is what I saw, now move out of my way!"

"No!"

"Oh? If that so, prove me." I commented and she looked at me for a movement and then with determination in her eyes she nodded.

"Tell me our favourite place and not with our words but by taking me there."

"Ok. If you not believe me, let me show you who I'm, and then don't regret." She said with a evil smirk on her face. Now it's a war! I clearly saw in her eyes.

She took my hand leading the way with me pulling me. And of course she knew where to go.

After ten minutes we were standing at place. She turned around and said, "wanna move inside or it is ok for you to know that I remember our place."

"What about going in and having our favourite dish?" I suggested and we got in our college canteen. Yes, that is our favourite place and the place where we always eat our favourite dish on our Favourite day. The day for which I'm so excited. "Our friendship day" 

"And you wanna try to know if I remember that? Have you got nuts? Karan... Have you lost your memory? Tell me ...have you?"

"Niki, I remember you. Now let's go where I'm taking you." This time it was me who was pulling her with me.

I paused when we reached park where a car was parked. The same car in which we always ride with Nik to go college. " Now let's get in car at our fixed seat." I said her and with a smile she approached the car and made herself comfortable at the back seat. I took the passanger seat.

"Karan are you..."

"Shhhh. .." I stopped her complete her sentence. Just wait, and be quite.

"Driver, move." I ordered the driver. Though the car is of Nik. But according to my plan I told Nik to deliver it here. Though after lots of pleading.

The car moved and Niki tried to talk to me or try to yield out the information, but after a minute she realised where actually we were going.

"Why are we going to the school?"

"Oh, how nice your memory is impressive." I teased.

"Don't dare to test my patience, Karan!"

"I won't dare."

We stopped at the school gate. I got out of the car and like a perfect gentleman opened the door for Niki.

"My lady."She huffed and got out.

"What are you doing Karan, I couldn't understand."

"You will soon understand, just wait for a awhile." I smiled and with my hand on her waist took her inside. We reached the playground of the school.  "Remember, when we young and always played here pakadm- padadi and chased each other to catch." I told her and got the nostalgic movement hit me with a thud. I could see us running here and there, Niki running after me ti catch me. I laughed.

"What are you laughing at, huh?"
Niki asked turning towards me.

"I remembered how you always failed to catch me."

"Liar, I always caught you." She retroted.

"Yeah, you always catch me. You always.." I took her hand and placed her hand on my heart and said "you always did. Even you caught me and you even dare stole my heart."

We stared at each other for a while, she placed her hand on my cheek and then came closer till her lips were near mine and then she crossed to left reaching my ear and whispered "like you didn't stole mine."

I shiver ran down my spine and in a movement she stepped back. She smiled, a teasing smile. "Told you it's a war." And ran for a movement I couldn't understand what was happening and then like a thunderstorm it hit me. She was playing. I ran behind her. We were back in our childhood. Again living the life. The years we missed, the movement we lived together.

That was actually my plan. My plan to live again. I caught her in meanwhile, we laughed. Trying to catch our breath. We stayed there of a while.

"Let's go."

"Again? Now what's remaining?" She asked.

A special place. A place that made us one. A. Place that is important than all this places.

I took her hand dragged her to car again, but this time I placed her in passenger seat and I took the driving seat.

"I think you won't tell me where are we going, right?"

"How well you know me." And we drived to our final destination.

________________________________

Any guess? Where is Karan taking Niki?

So this is the second last chapter!

Last chapter will updated soon!

Till then Miss me 😉😉