chp 8 - "Our Day"

(so as usual not edited)

I was really excited.

Why shouldn't be I? Today is the day I wait more than my birthday. Today is the day I met Niki for the first time. And no, it wasn't just a usual meeting. Today was the day when I shifted from my old house to my new house near Niki's. We were five at that time. I know  you must be thinking how the hell do you remember the day? Well, it's because of my mom and Niki's mom. They both remembered the day and every year used to celebrate it like a festival. I know weird. But, it actually happened, till..well..my mom died.

But that didn't changed, me and Niki celebrating the day as our personal ,'friendship day.' yeah, so every year we would celebrate it with great enthusiasm. We would share a plate of our favorite dish 'idli' . And lets not forget the fight we do for who will eat first the whole plate.

If you think why Nik don't celebrate it with us, then the reason is he don't like all this kind of things. Well, I would be same if is wasn't for Niki's happiness.

So, now you get the point, about what I'm excited about?

I'm currently sitting at our table, with Nik and Tina waiting for Niki and Neerali. They are late. May be cause of long practical. I have already got the dish of idli.

"Oh, so toady is the 'friendship day?' huh?" Tina asked with smile and I answered with a nodd.

"Yeah, childish na? I know. They are too serious about this day! I mean I have never seen them to forget this day!" Nik commented while eating from his plate.

It's making me hungry.... Where the hell are you Niki?

As if listening to me, I saw a pair of feet beside me. I looked up to see Niki. Before I could smile and say something, I saw the person behind her.

Ram.

I glared at him, which was successfully returned.

I heard the throat clearing from someone, but I ignored it, and addressed the most important question.

“what is Ram doing here?” I asked still looking(glaring) at one person in particular.

“We got a practical to do, and I just want her to explains the things one more time and you know what?” Ram spoke still looking at me and then shifted his eyes from me to Niki and said “she said yes.”

It took all my power not to get up from my dear seat and puch his gut. Seriously!

The way he spoke the last part was like he got accepted after a love confession! Bloody hell!

“Niki? Is he right?” Nik asked giving  her a questioning look.

Bro!

“She can explain you later. It’s time for food so you can join us after that. Right Niki?” I just raised a brow at her indicating about how important day it is for us. Trying to tell her get him out of the place before I attack him.

But, that scum have to interrupt.

“ohh!! Even I am hungry. Karan is right we can eat first.” He said looking at Niki and rest of table pausing at each one and got back his gaze to Niki “what would you like to have, I will bring.”. He offered.

I was about to decline his offer when Nik's voice interupted me.

“Tina I got a message from Mr. Jake , he wants us right now at his cabin.” Nik said urgently.

“why? What happnened is everything alright?” Neerali asked out of curiosity. I could see her acting a little different.

“may be about same assignment. He always point me out of the whole class” Nik said sadly.

“yeah lets go.” Tina said standing from her chair and taking her bagpack.

Before going back, I saw Nik gave me a look. And it didn't took a guess to understand what he said.

Possesive bro!

“take care” Neerali said lastly.

“so, Nikita what do you want to eat? Tell me. Chinese?” he was talking to himself maybe, as Niki was just sitting there and watching him. “O! I just love Chinese I am sure you too like it” he said and started walking.

Is he screwed?

“Ram” Niki said making him stop and he turned behind to look at her.

“she don’t like Chinese, bring her a plate samosa with sweet and salted chatni.”  I interupted him and looked at the plate of idli, which by the way have been beaten and smashed by the fork. I just wish it was his face!

Niki looked at me for a while, then like a thunderstorm she realized something.

“Karan listen—“ I cut her off and stood up from chair and got out of the café.

Damn, this wasn't suppose to happen! Not toady at least.

How could she forget, our day! I'm pissed off right now. I took out my mobile and went to the near by park. I need to cool it off!

___________________________________

Someone is angry, huh?

Poor guy!😣

Will update soon, till then Miss me 😉😉